IGNORED

Atari catalogs.

King Atari

One thing I've always liked about the system is that you can trace it's history through the catalogs. From th primitive early games to the more advanced red label games, the catalogs are very informative. Sadly, the first catalog I had is lost (it was the red one with "Atari" in a diamond, I think it listed 48 games), and I've looked everywhere.

Anyways, I've got a sealed "Dark Chambers" and "ET" (both in original shrinkwrap, never opened). Now, my DC has the Atari Advantage sticker on the front, so I figure it has the big poster listing all the advantage games (please correct me if I'm wrong), but what would my ET have? I want to keep these sealed, I can get an opened copy anytime, so can anyone tell me what catalogs would be in these?

It most likely has one of the red catalogs with the Atari logo at the top. However, I seem to remember that my copy of Ms. Pac-Man I bought back in 82 came with the advantage poster since the 5200 was also big in the day. In other words it was that one poster where the 2600 stuff was on one side and then on the other was the 5200 listings. In fact the more I think about this...I am betting that is the catalog that is in that ET of his. Namely because ET wasn't listed in that red catalog as I recall...

Look for something along the lines of a boxed defender or Pac-Man or even Asteroids.

YES!!! SUCCESS!!! I have found my once lost catalog! It was up in a cupboard with a bunch of cameras and such. How it got up there I have no idea, but I have placed in a plastic comic holder with a cardboard back, where it belongs (on the other side of my 50's TV Guide). I still want to know what's in my ET, though.