IGNORED

Atari2600 emulator that records gaming sessions?

Retsa

Last but not least.. If you're familiar with MAME, you probably know it has the ability to store gaming sessions (complete recordings of all button / joystick motions) and play them back, so that with a little effort (typically in the form of tracking down countless different releases of MAME so the recording files work properly), one can watch experts beat the classics. I got to watch somebody beat Venture this way (collect all 40-odd treasures) without dying; something I had considered quite impossible.

So, it would be really rather awesome to find an Atari2600 emulator that supports the same function. Better still would be to discover recordings of masters beating some of the hardest games. I recently got it in my head to try to beat Pitfall, but since that would involve rigorous study of perplexing maps, and lots of spare time I don't have, I'd be much better off if there were a MAME-style recording option available.

Anyone know if there is?