Photo

what games can i hack????

4 replies to this topic

#1 Haydn Jones OFFLINE  

Haydn Jones

Moonsweeper

• 287 posts
  • I love you... Atari
  • Location:cardiff, wales, uk, europe, earth, sol solar system, western spiral arm of the milky way

Posted Sun Mar 6, 2005 4:05 PM

i would like to know what games i can hack and maybe release the results comercialy (alough i am quite a way off)
what i mean is, freeware/homebrew game that authers are okay with hacks, and old comercial games that have been released in to the public domain.

thanks
haydn

#2 Raiu OFFLINE  

Raiu

Chopper Commander

• 172 posts

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:05 PM

Copyrights don't expire all that easily or quickly.

Copyright is life of creator + 75 years. Worse, since corporations are considered "virtual people", as long as a corporation (e.g., Inforgrames/Atari) owns the rights to something, they can never "die" for the 75-year waiting period to start.

The upshot of this is that there *are* no commercially-released Atari 2600 games whose copyrights have expired.

-DS-

#3 Nukey Shay OFFLINE  

Nukey Shay

Sheik Yerbouti

• 21,933 posts

Posted Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:09 PM

That's not to say that it's impossible to do so. Many hacks have been released as carts. AA just doesn't want to be involved in the loop, in case some company decides to press charges ;)

Short answer:
Hack anything. If you are really worried, just post a binary and let people burn their own carts (making the risk of litigation virtually nil since no money is changing hands).

#4 Atari Dogs OFFLINE  

Atari Dogs

Stargunner

• 1,673 posts

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:27 PM

[just post a binary and let people burn their own carts (making the risk of litigation virtually nil since no money is changing hands).

View Post

[/quote]

Is there a forum telling how to permanently burn their own cartridges?

I recently posted a list of hacked games I would purchase. It is titled “Hacks for my Daughter to Play.” I believe the important feature on selling games is having a cool, professional instructions and a good label.

If you like sci-fi, one very popular show that has been neglected is Stargate SG1. I believe Riddle of the Sphinx could be hacked into a very good Stargate game.

#5 Nukey Shay OFFLINE  

Nukey Shay

Sheik Yerbouti

• 21,933 posts

Posted Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:11 PM

You could run out and aquire a burner...but I'm sure that there are plenty of people around here that would burn them for you if there's only a couple-few in question for a modest shipping and handling cost. Yeah...shipping and handling. :ponder:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users