IGNORED

Are those Games NTSC only??!

Horax

While looking through AtariAge I saw some old Atari-Games, Codebreaker, Hangman, Star Ship and Canyon Bomber. I have never seen one of those here in Germany. So does anyone know if those Games were also released as PAL-Versions or were they only released in the USA??!

I'm not sure about Hangman or Codebreaker... but I'm pretty sure Star Ship and Canyon Bomber are available in PAL. Since I've never left North America though, I can't say for certain.

Either way, you're not missing out on a lot. Canyon Bomber is the best out of the four...

--Zero

quote:

Originally posted by Horax:

While looking through AtariAge I saw some old Atari-Games, Codebreaker, Hangman, Star Ship and Canyon Bomber. I have never seen one of those here in Germany. So does anyone know if those Games were also released as PAL-Versions or were they only released in the USA??!

Hi Horax,

We only recently started adding foreign (read: Non-US) games to our database, and we haven't gone through all the titles produced by Atari just yet. Generally just about everything they did in NTSC was also done in PAL, with a few exceptions. We'll get all of them online in due time.

..Al

I think the list is not correct and not complete. Or I must try my games if they are NTSC.

I know some CommaVid games are release as PAL to. They have german names on the boxes see on Game Reset. And I have Frogger II and have think this is PAL, maybe I test it later. And some Sega games too avaible in PAL.

Matthias

Thanx for the Info Guys!!! I wanna have those Games, coz I really love the first-generation Atari Games! No matter how lame they are! Hmm... just wondering where I can get them... I got Starmaster, its great!!!! Btw. did you ever play Slot Racers??? I just played it with my Girlfriend this evening and... she won!!! Arrghhh, what a cruel experience!!!! Well, so long for now!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I own Codebreaker & Hangman (PAL) but I have not found any PAL versions of Star Ship or Canyon Bomber in the UK.

I picked up both of these games boxed from eBay UK and paid about £5 for each of them. The unboxed carts typically show up about once per month.

Hope this helps.

quote:

I own Codebreaker & Hangman (PAL) but I have not found any PAL versions of Star Ship or Canyon Bomber in the UK.

Star Ship & Canyon Bomber weren't released in the UK.

Frogger II, Gyruss and Star Wars Arcade Game were imported exclusively

by Silica Shop when Parker pulled out of the video game business.

A list of carts released in the UK can be found here

Hope this helps,

Steve Rich