IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 9: Time Pilot

Ze_ro

this thing is almost impossible to control in an emu.  

Not true. I haven't had my vcs set up in 3 years, so all I play is emulators. It takes some getting used to, but I find the arrow keys to be pretty easy and lighter on the hand. If you need to, spend 5 minutes or so doing nothing but learning to fly. You have to earn your pilot's license. :)

Phil

New score: 32100 :D

For control I have found it useful to turn all the way to the right, and then use the left and right keys to rotate back and forth between up/left and right. It makes it more like steering the plane left and right. I use the down key as an escape manuver.

post-2784-1111291036_thumb.jpg

I think a driving controller hack would be nice.

I can understand the difficulty in hitting the targets, if you think of dog fights and the sort, not every bullet fired is a direct hit, so sometimes you are in the area but don't kill, it's understandable to me. Makes more of a challenge to hit them. Alot of times requires spinning around to come in at a slightly alternate angle of attack. I think with better control though, it would be easier to pick up & play for fun. maybe..

Maybe a DC hack plus added bombs for the enemy bosses.

slight improvement, seem to loose all control at the UFOs.

post-43-1111388648_thumb.jpg

if you think of dog fights and the sort, not every bullet fired is a direct hit, so sometimes you are in the area but don't kill, it's understandable to me. Makes more of a challenge to hit them.

yeah, but when my bullets go right through the plane? I even made sure I hit the fuselage.... ;) :P

This may be the first week the HSC game thread has not gone past 3 pages!:o

Hello gentlemen!

I got pissed off of the keyboard enough to get a joypad for the comp (I'm stuck on emulation for a month due to me moving). I was testing out my new controller, first game, oh look! 35k! ;)

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

post-4191-1111410767_thumb.jpg