Photo

Atari's Landfill Adventures, I now have the proof it's true.

2151 replies to this topic

#2151 Retro Rogue OFFLINE  

Retro Rogue

River Patroller

• 3,402 posts

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:47 PM

We still don't know what else was buried, or how much, and probably never will...

Completely the opposite. :) Jim Heller, the man who dumped the materials in the first place was involved with the dig, told them what he buried, and actually helped them locate it. He also took plenty of pictures of what he dumped and what they found was completely representative of it. Some of the pictures are in my article that Spud mentioned (and I have a lot more that Jim sent over to me to scan in for archiving). It was all store returns for credit mixed in with materials from the Service Center operations in El Paso (console and computer parts and accessories - which were dug up as well). About 750,000 carts were dumped consisting of over 60 titles (including 5200 titles).

I just did another interview with Jim in fact this last weekend at the Midwest Gaming Classic:

Edited by Retro Rogue, Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:53 PM.

#2152 Spud OFFLINE  

Spud

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 278 posts

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:05 PM

Great job Marty! Would be interested in seeing the other pictures he is talking about that he took. Also great job on writing Atari: Business is Fun. I will probably be reading it again soon.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users