IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 10: Eggomania

Ze_ro

Important note: This weeks competition is over. If you still wish to discuss this game, then feel free to do so, but no further scores will be accepted. Thanks to everyone for all their contributions! Please join in on the latest High Score Club competition!

A strangely colored, feathered fowl is bent on bombing your bedeviled blue bear with dozens of even stranger colored eggs. Your only defense is catching those falling orbs in your hat before they break and cause a real mess! If you succeed in catching an entire wave, you get the delightful opportunity to get even and fire them back at that turkey ! You'll be dazzled by his reaction. So go after that bird -- if you can "bear" the pressure. Otherwise, the yolks on you, because this week's game is Eggomania!

Game Information
Released By US Games
Left Difficulty A / Expert (Small Hat)
Right Difficulty Not Applicable
Game Mode Game 1
Chosen By pitfallaimee

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores will be approximately Tuesday, March 28th at 1:30 AM (CST). In case you haven't already done so, please read the High Score Club rules. There is other useful information contained in that previous link, including a list of previous High Score Club games!

As before, next week's game will be chosen by the next person in the member list, which happens to be Blackjack! Please send me a private message with your choice of game for next week!

If you don't have this game, you can find a copy of the rom right here.

If you are not a member of the High Score Club, but would like to be, then all you have to do is post a reply saying so, and I'll add you to the list!

High Scores
[*]silverfuji.gif18,690 (Christophero Sly) [+10]
[*]bronzefuji.gif16,202 (mikeftrevino) [+9]
[*]15,936 (pitfallaimee) [+8]
[*]15,538 (StanJr) [+7]
[*]14,910 (Malc74) [+6]
[*]13,930 (gospeedde) [+5]
[*]11,700 (KaeruYojimbo) [+4]
[*]9732 (Keir) [+3]
[*]9486 (scogey) [+2]
[*]9184 (video game addict) [+1]
[*]9118 (keilbaca) [+1]
[*]6778 (Philflound) [+1]
[*]4422 (vdub_bobby) [+1]
[*]3620 (iguana) [+1]
[*]2606 (LarcenTyler) [+1]
[*]2082 (Robert M) [+1]
[*]1790 (Blackjack) [+1]
[*]958 (Goochman) [+1]
[*]350 (Dan Iacovelli) [+1]
[*]154 (khryssun) [+1]:
(Default Settings)
191,114 (Todd Rogers)
[*]118,352 (Robert T Mruczek)
[*]28,248 (Alan Hewston)

Best Tips:

Bounties and Challenges
- Score over 30,000 points to get 2 bonus points!
[*]To post a bounty, PM me with the details

Score Statistics
Average Score: 9161
[*]Std. Deviation: 6996
[*]Total Score: 192,380

Current Standings
[*]StanJr [79]
[*]sku_u [38]
[*]Malc74 [34]
[*]Osbo [34]
[*]video game addict [31]
[*]Christophero Sly [30]
[*]racer raul [29]
[*]chrisbid [28]
[*]KaeruYojimbo [26]
[*]Dones [24]
[*]Fellow Atari Man [24]
[*]Philflound [22]
[*]Blackjack [20]
[*]LarcenTyler [20]
[*]Robert M [19]
[*]Numan [18]
[*]chubsta [17]
[*]yuppicide [15]
[*]Keir [15]
[*]candiru [14]
[*]gospeedde [14]
[*]Cybergoth [14]
[*]cvga [13]
[*]vdub_bobby [10]
[*]Dan Iacovelli [9]
[*]the 5th ghost [9]
[*]pitfallaimee [8]
[*]adams_ale [6]
[*]Gamemaster_ca_2003 [5]
[*]Bubbledragon [4]
[*]BydoEmpire [3]
[*]kemsted [3]
[*]Stingray [3]
[*]mikeftrevino [2]
[*]scogey [2]
[*]128bytes [2]
[*]Voch [2]
[*]khryssun [2]
[*]Chris++ [1]
[*]awsomo3000 [1]
[*]madbutscher [1]
[*]Scooterb23 [1]
[*]bjk7382 [1]
[*]iguana [1]
[*]Gateway [1]
Standings are current as of the beginning of this week, and do NOT include
points from this week's game. If you think there has been a mistake in
any of the scoring, please contact me.

Member List
Blackjack, racer raul, Robert M, Dan Iacovelli, iguana, Gateway, gospeedde, KaeruYojimbo, bjk7382, Christophero Sly, yuppicide, madbutscher, the 5th ghost, Scooterb23, khryssun, Malc74, chubsta, Keir, Philflound, candiru, kemsted, keilbaca, Cybergoth, sku_u, Chris++, cvga, LarcenTyler, 128bytes, Goochman, mikeftrevino, StanJr, Osbo, Numan, vdub_bobby, Dones, Gamemaster_ca_2003, awsomo3000, Voch, Stingray, scogey, Bubbledragon, video game addict, pitfallaimee

Scoring Points in EggomaniaThe points you receive for catching an egg depends on the level you are on. On the first level, you receive 14 points per egg. On each level after the first, the point value per egg increases by 4 points up to a maximum of 50 points at level 10.
[*]Hitting the bird with an egg at the end of the wave awards you with 100 points and cleans up some of the mess on the floor if you have dropped any eggs. - Unknown, let us know if you can do it!

Hints and Tips
As always, you really should read the manual.

What's that? You don't have the manual? Well, there is a scanned copy of it available hosted by AtariAge!

What's that? You're too lazy to click that link? Well, then here's the hints it provides:
Move your harried bear back and forth across the screen as little as possible; if eggs are falling close to each other (in a vertical column), position your hat under them and adjust only slightly to either side.
[*]Any excessive or inefficient movement and you'll wind up with egg on your face! (Feet, paws, and body too!)
[*]Try to recognize a pattern of the eggs as they fall. This will help you anticipate where to make your next move -- -- -- -- ooops ! !
[*]When throwing, position the bear somewhere near the center of the screen and wait for that turkey to pass by -- don't follow him!
[*]Timing and accuracy on shooting the turkey during the Eggomania waltz is critical. Try to anticipate his next move and lead his direction a little while shooting only when necessary -- constant firing throws off timing and seems to make that turkey dance even more.
[*]Once you have accomplished this task, you can sit back and enjoy bonus points and a flustered, embarrassed turkey!

Good luck everyone!

--Ze_ro

When trying to hit the bird I usually stand just to the left of the score and aim for his front leg while he's running across.

Don't think of it like kaboom, unless you are thinking of it like a slow version of kaboom with only the top bucket available. It's a finess game, go slowly and concentrate on one egg at a time.

Don't worry about dropping a set early on in a level. You can recover from one or two dropped sets of eggs if you make it to the end of the level and hit the bird. Besides, if you do drop a set or two and make up for it at the end of the level you will have a higher score by the time you hit the ungodly level 6.

(gospeedde)
The most important thing, after clearing the wave, is to shoot the "bird" creature, especially in the higher levels, to keep the yolk flow down.

My technique is to stay stationary in the middle of the screen while it dances back and forth, and wait for it to pass above me. Just fire away when it approaches the middle of the screen. Trying to follow it back and forth wastes time and decreases your chance of hitting it.

(the 5th ghost)

I have always thought this was much harder than Kaboom! (although Kaboom!'s difficulty ramps much faster), but I had never played it with the small hat. This is going to take some time to master, and I suck at paddle games.

First go: 6042

post-409-1111478229_thumb.jpg

This is part of you all's demise to knock me off of 1st place isn't it? To give me paddle games when I'm stuck on emulator for a month! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Quick.... order a Stelladapter!

No use, no paddle controllers (in TMO), no mailbox because I'm leaving.

However, I have noticed that every once in a while (probably once every 20 or so times I drop an egg) the yolk on the floor does NOT rise. It happened once during this game right at the end. Without it I would have had only 9134. Is this happening to anyone else?

If you want to use my lower score, that's fine.

God I hate emulators so much. They have never felt anywhere close to the real thing. Emulators are the reason y'all haven't seen me around, I don't own the game so I'm forced to play it on an emu. I say, "No more suffering Emu depression!" (no insult intended towards the good people striving to produce accurate Emulators. I tip my hat to you guys.) Thank the powers that be, my Cuttlecart 2 arrived. Now I can play anything you all throw at me. I can play games I'll never be able to own like the ultra rare Combat and Pac-man. I might even slum it and play Eli's ladder or Quadrun. Lord knows we all got like ten of those each.

I have initiated my CC2 with a high score of . . . . . . .3954 !!! I know, y'all might as well stop playing now.

11290 - I can't get past level 6 to save my life

Tips:

When trying to hit the bird I usually stand just to the left of the score and aim for his front leg while he's running across.

Don't think of it like kaboom, unless you are thinking of it like a slow version of kaboom with only the top bucket available. It's a finess game, go slowly and concentrate on one egg at a time.

Don't worry about dropping a set early on in a level. You can recover from one or two dropped sets of eggs if you make it to the end of the level and hit the bird. Besides, if you do drop a set or two and make up for it at the end of the level you will have a higher score by the time you hit the ungodly level 6.