IGNORED

Atari 2600 Cheating Device

Junie

I have heard it mentioned somewhere before that there was a cheating device for Atari 2600 games, I think it was called Cheeta.

Does anyone know any site links about it, or can give me some more details.

I am very interested in talking my knowledge of the Super NES GameGenie and see what I can't do myself.

Junie,

i don't know about anything called Cheeta, but i do know that there is a device called Personal Game Programmer 1

but there are not to many of these around!!! i know of only one person that has one!!

if you can make one put my name on the preorder list!!

Take Care,

Rick

quote:

Originally posted by JimC:

I'm not too sure about the cheeta, but there was a quick fire adapter made by Tenma. Also, some 3rd party joysticks have quick fire built in.

Is quick fire a cheating device for the Atari 2600 or what are you referring to?

I think he's refering to the part you could put between the joystick plug and the atari that made continuous fire. In other words the game just acted like you were pushing the button over and over.Didnt always help out on the game you were playing...Try using it on Popeye!!!

Cheeta is a program that links to a binary rom image. Once you load the rom (with an emu or a CuttlaCart) you'll be prompted with a menu to enter cheats a-la Action Replay. Then, the game will start.

Too bad there are just a few codes around!!

rasty.-

What I meant to say was that any rom that WILL play on an unmodified Supercharger will also play on a Cuttle Cart.

Any 2K or 4K ROM that will run on a "stock" Supercharger, compiled with Cheetah, *should* run on the Cuttle Cart.

But not all 2 and 4K ROMS, and not any 8K or larger ROMS...yet. I think that eventually we'll get Bob to make a newer version of Cheetah that will work with many more games.