IGNORED

ColecoVision - The best is yet to come

opcode

The latest RetroGamer magazine has a great article on the Colecovision and they talk with one of the engineers. He even talks about the expansion port amazing stuff that I have never found on the net about the Colecovision.

I subscribe and have to pay about $200 AU but they have a special deal for the US at about $80.00 highly recommended.

The latest RetroGamer magazine has a great article on the Colecovision and they talk with one of the engineers. He even talks about the expansion port amazing stuff that I have never found on the net about the Colecovision.

I subscribe and have to pay about $200 AU but they have a special deal for the US at about $80.00 highly recommended.

Do you mind telling which issue please? And what is that amazing stuff you never heard about?

Here is a video on the issue and your kind of mentioned in it about homebrew, amazing stuff well the fact they interviewed the mane engineer is interesting. And he talks about how they were originally looking at the intellivision chip set and more.

Issue 73 Video

Great, thanks. Probably should be here in the US next month... :)

• 4 months later...

Put me on the list for the Expansion Module #3 that is the Super Game Module (wafer media) as well as the planned Expansion Module #4 that plays Intellivision games, and also the ColecoVision version of the KidVid speech synthesizer module.

Thank you,

Ben Edge

Wait someone is creating Expansion Module #4 that plays Intellivision games. That is awesome, if that is true I have to start buying Intellivision games.

See what you've done, ColecoFan1981? Shame on you! :P

Seriously, no one is currently working on such an Inty module, as far as I know. But it would definately be nice to see it happen. :)

Wait someone is creating Expansion Module #4 that plays Intellivision games. That is awesome, if that is true I have to start buying Intellivision games.

See what you've done, ColecoFan1981? Shame on you! :P

Seriously, no one is currently working on such an Inty module, as far as I know. But it would definately be nice to see it happen. :)

Yeah, and if someone were (fat chance because of the difficulty of recreating the Inty chipset), they'd have to create new controllers as well. There are not enough Intellivision II controllers to go around, and those that are available often aren't in the best shape.

• 5 years later...

Yeah, and if someone were (fat chance because of the difficulty of recreating the Inty chipset), they'd have to create new controllers as well. There are not enough Intellivision II controllers to go around, and those that are available often aren't in the best shape.

Bill of 2010, I am from the future! They made a new Intellivision console with new old-style controllers, and you were involved with it! Flashback city, man!

• Like 1

Bill of 2010, I am from the future! They made a new Intellivision console with new old-style controllers, and you were involved with it! Flashback city, man!

:-D If only engineering followed the original plan and made them backwards compatible, it would have been perfect. Still, using an adapter cable is better than not having a new, better source of controllers!

• Like 1

Or if you bought the FB console just for the controller and had no plan to use the actual FB console, opening the controller and rewiring them correctly would work as well.

It's a shame coiled cable with 9 wires isn't common or it would have been perfect moddable drop in replacement for original Intellivisions. Old fashioned telephone cord (the kind from old day where speaker and mic were separate from the base system because holding a 9-pounds brick to your face wasn't practical) has only 4 wires.