IGNORED

Atari 2600 System Featured on TV Show CSI Miami

Atari2600.com

An Atari 2600 4-switch woodgrain system will be featured prominently on an upcoming episode of CSI Miami. Yesterday, we shipped an Atari 2600 system and 10 game cartridges with a selection of instruction manuals to the production studio in Manhattan Beach, CA. Filming is scheduled for next week. The episode is titled, "VENGENCE" #322 and is schedule to air on Monday May 9, 2005.

I wasn't given a lot of informaion about how the Atari system would be used to support the show's plot. I was told specifically that the Atari would be part of the contents of a time capsule. I was also told that they were planning on showing Atari 2600 PacMan in use, but couldn't because "Atari doesn't own the rights".

My guess is that while solving a recent murder case, the CSI Miami crew must excavate a time capsule for evidence. Perhaps the Atari itself contains the evidence their seeking. Your guess is as good as mine, so we'll just have to wait for the show to air.

JC

Atari2600.com

Another CSI related find:

I've beem jamming to my iPod at work and To Get Down(Fatboy Slim Mix) from the CSI soundtrack popped up. I liked the song, but didn't recognize the artist(Timo Maas), so I checked out his website. He's playing an Atari on the main page, though I cannot make out the game.

It's probably painted, but he's in Germany, so it's always possible there was some white Euro clone.  It's also unlikely he's using anything Brazilian because of NTSC vs PAL.

Good point, I didn't know he was in Germany so a Brazilian clone would be weird.

That ain't white.  It's just the glare from that lamp.

Um, and the joystick too? Except for the joystick handle? I don't think so, Tim.

Yes, exactly. The textured surface of the joystick base scatters light and, thus, appears white. The smooth surface of the handle does not scatter light, it absorbs it and remains black. The white-effect is completed by the photo's long exposure. Hold your joystick up to a halogen bulb or other bright light and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Of course, if you prefer to believe that someone took the time to paint their VCS white for some reason, or that an as yet unknown white VCS clone is revealed in this photo, then be my guest.

Thanks for the heads up, Joe! I don't normally watch CSI, but I'll make sure to record this episode. I may need to be reminded about it, though, about two weeks before it airs so I can schedule it with my TiVo. Pretty cool that you sent them a system and some games to use for the show, it'll be interesting to see how much airtime the 2600 gets, and if they actually power it up and show people playing it. :)

..Al

Once and for all, what the heck is the deal with the C= controllers?

Did C= actually license the mold from Atari or did they just rip Atari off and not get sued for it because their controllers (both joysticks and paddles) look identical.

This is one part of computer history I don't know and it's been bugging me for ages.

All you David Caruso haters should check out the first season of NYPD Blue on DVD--it'll change your mind fast. That show went to hell the second he walked out of that station house during season 2. Is he as good on CSI:M? Nah, but then again, given that the show follows the Law & Order rule of "No personal lives whatsoever, just cases", he doesn't have a lot to work with.

Not much of a hater but when someone makes the statement that they are Hollywood material and leave a show should ensure they can back up that statement - needless to say he was B grade hollywood material :P

An ego like his needs slapping around every now and then ;)

Dont know - but I liked the other style Commodore paddes better - they could be used both right and left handed.

http://www.zimmers.net/cbmpics/cbm/inputs/gpaddles.gif

One thing that is different is the range on the paddles. 1/2 turn on the Atari paddles = 1 full turn on the Commodore paddles. Because of this, you can use Atari paddles on a Commodore, but not the other way around.

All you David Caruso haters should check out the first season of NYPD Blue on DVD--it'll change your mind fast.

No thanks. I was never interested in that show from the beginning and when I did try to watch a few times over the years, it sucked with him or without him. And he just sucks no matter what it is, from that Rambo movie to TV shows to crappy B movies to whatever. He's a big ugly red haired sh*t stain on the hairy ass of life.

All you David Caruso haters should check out the first season of NYPD Blue on DVD--it'll change your mind fast. That show went to hell the second he walked out of that station house during season 2. Is he as good on CSI:M? Nah, but then again, given that the show follows the Law & Order rule of "No personal lives whatsoever, just cases", he doesn't have a lot to work with.

Actually, I like the "no personal lives" rule -- it gets in the way of the plot and gives it too much of a soft, family-viewing edge.

Regardless, I have a hard time thinking of David Caruso as a good actor in any role he plays. His head's just too damn big.

All you David Caruso haters should check out the first season of NYPD Blue on DVD--it'll change your mind fast.

No thanks. I was never interested in that show from the beginning and when I did try to watch a few times over the years, it sucked with him or without him. And he just sucks no matter what it is, from that Rambo movie to TV shows to crappy B movies to whatever. He's a big ugly red haired sh*t stain on the hairy ass of life.

I often wonder why actors that suck continue to get work. You hear about how hard it is starting out as an actor, and how many people fail to break into the business. Then you see that the same actors recycled over and over fo rnew shows/movies...I know if I sucked at my job, I wouldn't be in the business very long, yet these guys are rich... :?

A little off topic...sorry :)