OK, I am publicly releasing my first version of PacMan Plus for the 5200.
The following things were done to match the arcade version of Pac Man Plus:
1) Changed maze color
2) Changed blue monster graphics
3) Sped up overall game
4) Made the fruit put the monsters in 'scared mode' (like the energizer)
5) Doubled the points of the monsters in 'fruit scared mode'
6) Made monsters invisible (actually black) in 'fruit scared mode'
7) Randomly made 1 monster not turn blue in energizer mode
Randomly made maze turn black when an energizer is eaten (although it's quite infrequent)
9) Changed the blue time to match the arcade version
10) Fixed the 'flashing bug' (something that always annoyed me) - the original 5200 version of Pac-Man did not flash the monsters correctly when turning back to their original colors (try the apple board for an example)
11) Fixed the 'endless blue time' bug that would happen when the energizers are not supposed to work at all.
12) Changed the title screeen.
I would like to thank Nukey Shay for pointing me in the direction of the 5200's random number generator.
One thing that bugs me is that the monsters are not actually 'invisible' when you eat the fruit, but black. This means if you look closely, you can sometimes tell where they are. I don't know a way around this.
One major thing I would like to point out is that the fruit characters have not been changed to match the arcade version. This is because I have spent most of yesterday and all of today trying to figure out how to modify it (Thanks again Nukey for your help). I just cannot wrap my head around this one, so I am giving up on it.
I have included the 16K and 32K versions here.
Let me know if you find any other bugs! Have Fun