IGNORED

2002 - The year that.....

Fretwobbler

.....#1 Commander Martin Champion will command the second manned mars mission.

Does this Atari Force comment mean we're going to Mars this year?? Twice?!?!

Could someone get me the address of the Graduate Space Academy in Colorada Springs 'cause it looks good fun .

Funnily enough, I reckon the portrait of Commander Martin Champion on the last page of Atari Force 3 bears an uncanny resemblance to a certain Albert on the Atariage About page

I love old stuff that predicts the future like that - it reminds of old crap films like Plan 9 and them really laughable 40's and 50's movies about sending man to the moon. Now thats character you just dont get with stamp collecting

Adam

I love that too. I've got some comics from the 60's and they predict nuts things like the cyborg wars of the 1990's or man's colonization of Mars in 1982. We've come a long way, baby, but those cats in the 60's were way spaced out and optimistic.

Trippin' Stan

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

the HAL-IBM thing is well known since the 70ies ... nothing really new and no conspiracy, rather a subliminal critisism ...

All thats true except for the "nothing really new" part. Doesnt matter how old something is it's only "nothing new" if you've heard it before. I'll bet some people that post here weren't even born in the 70's. Hard to imagine we're getting old.

Posted by dwh -

..everyone will travel in flying cars.

If that wierd inventor youve got over there has anything to do with it we'll all be 'gliding' along the pavements on two wheeled platform things balanced by gyroscopes where all you have to do is lean forward and zip, away you go at 30km/h.

I want one of them, $3,000.00 - cheap at twice the price. Problem is they'll probably cost about £15,000,000 over here.

Adam

quote:

Originally posted by Fretwobbler:

Funnily enough, I reckon the portrait of Commander Martin Champion on the last page of Atari Force 3 bears an uncanny resemblance to a certain Albert on the Atariage About page

Uhmmm, you mean this guy?

AtariForce3Martin.jpg

I don't think I look anything like him. For one thing, I don't have blue eyes or blonde hair. And I don't live on a blue planet with a green moon. Nor I do I have those cool Atari tights.

Here's the whole page, complete with Bio

..Al