IGNORED

Any 128k XE Games or demos made?

Well as the question asks i guess!  Are their any games or demos that use the awesome power of this machine or memory?

I would love to try some out in .ATR format.

Thanks all!  :)

836200[/snapback]

T34 runs on a 130XE minimum. Contact me on my homepage.

www.mr-atari.com

CU, sijmen.

Thanks all for the links. Space Harrier looks good and moves soooo fast!.

Erm... i got rid of my Atari a long time ago. I noticed Lemmings etc on one link. Are their any other games that i may have missed that i simply MUST play?

Also, I need a blank disk to play Alternate Reality so that i can save my game. Could anyone supply me with a blank .atr so that i can copy it as many times as is needed for all my gameing needs?

Thanks all. Nice to come back to this class machine after all these years! :D

Well,

simply read the A8FAQ by michael current, subjects 8.11 and 8.12. they contain hundreds of programs that a) support a Ramdisk / XRAM (subject 8.11) or even b) require a Ramdisk / XRAM (subject 8.12). This extremly long list was collected by me (with little help by other Atarians) and it is far from complete of course. If you cannot find the text anywhere, just e-mail me and I will send it to you... -Andreas Magenheimer.

T-34 also requires a PAL machine or a 128k machine with the PAL Antic chip to work properly. It will run on NTSC, but not without glitches and it crashes a lot. This game is very cool though and is the main reason I installed a PAL Antic chip in my 8-bit. there are lot of other cool Pal games to make it worth the while though, while some will run on NTSC, most have minor to major glitches and it's worth it to "upgrade" to Pal for them. I have two 8-bits myself, one for NTSC games and one for PAL. While the NTSC games will still work on the PAL system, I prefer the 60hz refresh rate where I can use it.

Also, Alternate Reality: The Dungeon does a memory/drive check at boot-up and will use all available memory with a 130XE or any compatible memory upgrade. I fyou have an 800, it will show 48k and the number of drives attched, and 64k for Xl's, 128k for 130XE, etc. It's really cool to play AR:D on a 130XE with several drives as MUCH more is loaded into memory and there is much less loading/disk swapping between areas. Plus if you have multiple drives and it finds them, you can insert AR disks into all the drives you have to further cut down on disk-swapping. AR: The City also checks for multiple drives, but not more memory.

The QuestProbe graphic adventure games like Spider Man also use the extended memory of the 130XE and you will see animations play that are not available on anything with less memory...Bonus! :cool:

Edited by Gunstar

T-34 also requires a PAL machine or a  128k machine with the PAL Antic chip to work properly. It will run on NTSC, but not without glitches and it crashes a lot. This game is very cool though and is the main reason I installed a PAL Antic chip in my 8-bit. there are lot of other cool Pal games to make it worth the while though, while some will run on NTSC, most have minor to major glitches and it's worth it to "upgrade" to Pal for them. I have two 8-bits myself, one for NTSC games and one for PAL. While the NTSC games will still work on the PAL system, I prefer the 60hz refresh rate where I can use it.

Also, Alternate Reality: The Dungeon does a memory/drive check at boot-up and will use all available memory with a 130XE or any compatible memory upgrade. I fyou have an 800, it will show 48k and the number of drives attched, and 64k for Xl's, 128k for 130XE, etc. It's really cool to play AR:D on a 130XE with several drives as MUCH more is loaded into memory and there is much less loading/disk swapping between areas. Plus if you have multiple drives and it finds them, you can insert AR disks into all the drives you have to further cut down on disk-swapping. AR: The City also checks for multiple drives, but not more memory.

The QuestProbe graphic adventure games like Spider Man also use the extended memory of the 130XE and you will see animations play that are  not available on anything with less memory...Bonus! :cool:

838210[/snapback]

Is there any other opion be side this PAL Antic chip upgrade I do have one intalled but now I have don't have a monitor that runs too well with the PAL Antic chip :x