IGNORED

SNL and the 2600

Nateo

I was watching SNL on comedy central about a half an hour ago, and there was this sketch about three geeks who run a computer repair shop. So a guy brings a laptop in, and says it's three years old. One of the geeks says "If we need replacement parts, well just grab an Atari 2600!" Heh, heh... good stuff.

That damn Comedy Central!, I'm getting hooked.Just got a dish system and can not miss Battlebots, ever....The old SNL's are cool too.Saw a little of the SNL tonight but missed that sketch;did see the captain and teneal singing about the 2000 election...

I have an old recorded from T.V. copy of the SNL Film Fest from probably mid 80's with Siskel and Ebert. And there is a short film about Arcades, it looked like it was made at about the heart of Arcade Gaming and about when the 2600 came out. Its hillarious, its about Video Game Junkies, who are like 10 years old. It shows lots of old arcades and stuff in it, its pretty cool. My favorite part is when this doctor is treating a little girl for being a video game junkie. The little girl is real pale and the doctor guy asks her what her favorite arcade game is and she says Ms. Pac-Man and he shows her to an arcade machine of it, and he gives her a quarter. She puts the quarter in and goes to the control panel to play it and it shocks the hell out of her! The doctor keeps saying, "GO ON! PLAY IT SOME MORE!!!" and she keeps getting shocked and she's screaming and stuff. lol. It also shows this little girl on the street corner, "earning quarters, the hard way... one quarter at a time..." lol

I saw that one a long time ago when I was a little boy and my dad told me that he was going to send me to that place if I did not stop playing Pac-man at the arcade all the time, then when I was about 18, he went and bought me the full size machine for the basement.

I remember that skit! I haven't seen that one in ages! Is there any way I can download that somewhere? That was one of the funniest old skits I've seen... that, and the whole Buckwheat getting shot deal - I remember there were fake news breaks throught the program giving the status of Buckwheat.... great stuff!

Al

www.blowoutmagazine.com www.jasonalex.com www.bulletproofpopemobile.com

The entire "Buckwheat has been shot" series is on SNL's Best of Eddie Murphy tape (along with the one that started the whole thing "Buhwheet Sings"). The videogame sketch was featured in NBC's Tribute to SNL (1990?), but I think it may have been on an earlier compilation as well.

Tom Brokaw - "Doctor, have you had a chance to see the footage?"

Doctor - "Why, no..."

* Stops operating on Buckwheat and turns to the monitor

BTW the nerd sketch was hosted by Calista Flockhart

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Nukey Shay ]

OMG, I can remember seeing that sketch when I was like 10 years old. I just remember that part with the little girl and the doctor. I also remember the kid pretending to be blind and asking for quarters.

I always wondered where that came from. Thanks for solving this mystery.

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

Definetly "Wookin' pa nub"

I loved that skit. My favorite part is where he's singing something like Pa dara diva and underneath the translation just has ?????

Tempest

It was actually "den a dabba, den o de da, de dat, detty dabis eiii"

If you haven't guessed it already, the song is actually "Betty Davis eyes"