IGNORED

Hello

SpaceInvader2002

Hi! Im new. As you can tell by my name, I really like Space Invaders! Coke WIns! is pretty cool too. I have a question... how do you play Squoosh? I know its rare, but the manual didn't come with it. How do you play that thing???

In case you want my top 10 favorite Atari games:

10: Chuck Norris Superkicks.

9: Combat

8: Thunderground

7: Ms. Pac-Man

6: Adventure

5: Stampede

4: Up 'N Down

3: Elk Attack

2: Coke Wins!

1: Space Invaders

First off its great to have another new person here at Atariage so welcome SpaceInvader2002. I was looking at your top ten list and I see you put down Coke wins as one of games you like to play, Do you own this game?, and if you do would you like to sell it?.

Thank you, and yes I do own Coke Wins!. The amazing thing is, I bought from a guy for $15! Sorry, but I am not willing to sell it. I currently have quite a large selection of Atarti and Sega games. Here are some of my rarest Atari games: Video Life, Video Jogger, Squoosh (It might be a fake, I don't really know yet...), MagiCard, and all of the Sega games made for Atari. And yes, I think Galaxians is a waste of time

I'm another BIG Space Invaders fan and in my opinion Galaxian has always been a simpler game than Space Invaders.

In Galaxians, you move left-right and shoot. Of course the invaders swoop down on you too.

However, In Space Invaders, you can do little tricks like counting shots to ensure a 300 pt. saucer everytime, go for a rainbow bonus, do the lowest invaders don't shoot-strategy. etc. And of course all the other little tricks you can do to make it fun and show your skills.

By the way, in mentioning Space Invaders Deluxe, most people think Midway's Space Invader's Deluxe, and Taito's Space Invaders Part 2 are the same game. This is essentially true, however the Taito version had a 500 pt ufo (as opposed to 200) in the Midway version, also the invaders didn't split until the 4th wave as opposed to the Midway version, and the most important difference (and one that most people are unaware of) is the Taito version had MUCH NICER cabinet and background artwork than the Midway version. The Taito version had a bright orange-reddish sky with a nice moonbase. The Midway had a differently drawn moonbase and much darker sky. Not to mention the Taito cab was controlled by joystick as opposed to buttons on the Midway

oh and as far as the 2600 version goes, I love it but it's about as close to the real Space Invaders as Intellivision's Space Armada and every other S.I. clone out there (i.e. not very close).

quote:

Originally posted by SpaceInvader2002:

Thank you, and yes I do own Coke Wins!. The amazing thing is, I bought from a guy for $15! Sorry, but I am not willing to sell it. I currently have quite a large selection of Atarti and Sega games. Here are some of my rarest Atari games: Video Life, Video Jogger, Squoosh (It might be a fake, I don't really know yet...), MagiCard, and all of the Sega games made for Atari. And yes, I think Galaxians is a waste of time

(some guy 15.00 for coke wins)

was his name Randy (hozervideo) hehe...

where and when did you get the video life and magicard?

sounds like you have a very nice collection!!! WECOME to atariage....

Take Care,

Rick