IGNORED

Your funderful reviews are wanted! (...read me...)

Uncle Duke

....Ok... Did anyone complain with Kabul? ...no... And you dont live in the U.S. so you really have no right to tell me how to feal about what those terrorists did to us. Now, lets not let this little political matter ruin the rest of the topic, so if you want to make political matters go off topic and discuss them, this is for reviews of the games...

hey, i live in the states and i dont agree with the military actions. We have driven out the taliban which helped the Afgan people, but we are still bombing and stuff when they have a new government that needs more peacetime operations, you cant go to a stable interim government when we are still bombing empty caves so it dosent look like we falied because we didnt kill bin laden. Kabul was about bin laden the enemy. Afganistan is a country that we are not at war with.. if we all had the lets hate countrys we have fougt mentality then that means i would hate liveinabin and want to kill him.. but we forgive and forget, right?

As for the games, THX is my fave

quote:

Originally posted by Pyramid-Studios:

....Ok... Did anyone complain with Kabul? ...no...

So what? I felt it was in poor taste, but I didn't happen to say so on this board. Was there some sort of “speak now or forever hold your peace” clause governing criticism of Kabul! or any future effort?

And you dont live in the U.S. so you really have no right to tell me how to feal about what those terrorists did to us.

Surprise, surprise...residents of the United States are not the only people with rights to freedom of expression. And never mind that citizens of Liveinabin's country and many other nations besides ours have been killed by terrorist acts attributed to al-Qaida. The UK in particular has been a staunch ally of the United States in the war in Afghanistan.

if you want to make political matters go off topic and discuss them

It seems to me that you brought up politics with Rambo in Afghanistan in the first place. You asked for an opinion of the game, and you received one. That's fair! Next time, if the only opinions you are looking for are those identical to your own, you should be more specific.

Night Phantom, you did mention one thing that others have a right of freedom of expression, and I feel that to me Rambo in Afghanistan is freedom of expression Im all for the war against the terrorists forces, and I dont care how much you want to bitch and moan about how you dont like the game I made it and that is that. If you dont like it, dont play it. Case closed review the games, tell me what you liked and didnt like about the GAMEPLAY in Rambo in Afghanistan if you played it, (I doubt it) then you would know that Rambo is helped by the average Afghanistan civilian and he helps them. And if you would have read anything on the game you would know he hunts down terrorists not innocent people, for Christs sake have you guys even SEEN any of the Rambo films? Now talk about the gameplay and all and stop whining to me about the contraversy ok, ok... And I did not bring it up, Liveinabin did, now if you want to make a big deal about it, make your own topic, this is my topic and the point is to review the games and talk about the gameplay diffrences between the original or talk about what you liked in the game or what you didnt like. I could care less if you dont like the simple title to Rambo in Afghanistan, because the only contraversy I see is over the stupid title, if you had PLAYED the game, you would know its not as horrid as you tree loving war haters make it seem, second, this is an Atari 2600 game, Jesus its not the end of the world, not like "Rambo in Afghanistan" makes a stand and is going to cause hell on Earth... Man... So if you dont like Rambo in Afghanistan, dont play it and review something else... There, all said and done, case closed. Talk about something more cheerfull...

You mean Rambo? No... I cant see what these people are complaining about other than the title... Now, I wish you people would just drop Rambo and move on. From this point on I want to officially announce the topic changed to reviews for all the games BUT Rambo. Im sick of hearing about it.

“Help! help! I'm being repressed!”

quote:

I dont care how much you want to bitch and moan about how you dont like the game

Excellent, for I didn't and don't intend to.

for Christs sake have you guys even SEEN any of the Rambo films?

I once suffered that misfortune, but it has absolutely no bearing on my argument against your bossy, jingoistic, and hypocritical attempt to squelch legitimate discussion.

Now talk about the gameplay and all and stop whining to me about the contraversy ok, ok...

If I “whined”, it was about your reply to Liveinabin, not about some other controversy. (I'm not sure if you're implying otherwise or not; I merely wish to set the record straight.)

And I did not bring it up, Liveinabin did

You made a topical, politically charged game and solicited opinions. QED.

now if you want to make a big deal about it, make your own topic, this is my topic

That very attitude is the “big deal”...or rather, the attempt to impose it on the rest of us is.

I could care less if you dont like the simple title to Rambo in Afghanistan

Again, I never expressed an opinion about the title, except that it has a political subtext.

the only contraversy I see is over the stupid title

Again, the issue I was posting about was your reaction to criticism.

you tree loving war haters

Unfounded and, if an attempt to insult, ad hominem.

this is an Atari 2600 game, Jesus its not the end of the world, not like "Rambo in Afghanistan" makes a stand and is going to cause hell on Earth...

The sheer amount of venom you are spewing over this topic belies your claim that it is unimportant. In my opinion, doing right is an everyday job, in things both great and small. Once again, though, I was calling you on your behavior in this topic, not on the qualities of this game.

The passion with which you feel and defend your convictions is admirable; however, your careless, irrational analysis and utter disrespect for others is to be deplored. I strongly urge you to combat these problems, lest they hinder your various undertakings despite your finer qualities.

Heres my review on the GAMEPLAY of the new hacks including my own.

Cute Dead Things House (Hack of Haunted House) : Plays exactly like Haunted House except the graphic are a little different

Pink Floyd (hack of Adventures of Tron) :Plays exactly like Adventures of Tron except the graphic are a little different

Rambo in Afghanistan (hack of Riddle of the Sphinx): Plays exactly like Riddle of the Sphinx except the graphic are a little different

THX-1138 (hack of Berzerk): Plays exactly like Berzerk except the graphic are a little different

War of the Worlds (hack of Defender): Plays exactly like Defender except the graphic are a little different

Yellow Submarine (hack of Bermuda Triangle): Plays exactly like Bermuda Triangle except the graphic are a little different

You know what? I give up, just shut the hell up about rambo in afghanistan, I couldnt give two ****s for what you, (Phantom) have to say about it from this point on... As I said, just give it a rest and shut up. Move on, and stop dwelling on it with your fancy words and horse shit peace loving garbage. ONCE AGAIN FROM THIS POINT ON NO MENTION OF RAMBO, FOR GODS SAKE, LET IT GO...

I think this topic got totally out of hand. I think that what Pyramid-Studious was looking for was a game that we could laugh at and say damn the taliban. Live in a bin on the other hand thought of it as something that was directed at the whole country, instead of just the taliban. If you ask me (i might not be correct) the whole argument was just a big misunderstanding. problem solved, lets all become freinds again.

you tree loving war haters

Ok yeah, whatever bro. We are all human, aside from opposing views. Im just gonna use a direct quote, basically sums up how i feel.

Removing names of those who said this to deter judgement before you read it all

Dateline: Pittsburgh 9.25.01

It has been exactly two weeks since the events of Sept 11, 2001 and we still find ourselves in a state of grief and shock. These events have devastated us, as they have devastated all of the world's citizens. We deeply grieve for the victims and surviving family members of these heinous attacks.

We have been asked many times, "Why does ******** hate America?" In these very uncertain times we want to make it very clear that we do not hate America, what we hate are the problems that plague our country: corporate control of our government, homophobia, sexism, mistreatment of veterans, ageism, police brutality, exploitation of lesser economically developed countries, just to name a few. For 10 years ********** main goal has been to unite people and fight against violence and oppression. The content of our songs, and even our name, is meant to break down the artificial barriers we believe are used to separate people, corrupted patriotism or nationalism, being the issue we most often target. The most important underlying theme we have stressed in the past, but want to stress now more than ever is that we do not support killing or oppression of any sort, by anybody. Therefore, in the spirit of the founders of America, we raise our voices in dissent to draw attention to such problems in an attempt to improve life for all!

We know what we believe in, so now we are faced with the question, "Where do we go from here?" After much soul searching we have decided that instead of getting pulled into the media fervor that calls for revenge or justice through military retaliation (we do not see that as a solution to the problem), and dehumanization along national and ethnic lines, we feel it is important to express an alternative viewpoint to violence and blind nationalism. We want those who are searching for non-violent solutions to know that they are not alone. ******** and our music will always stand with you. We do have a voice, small as it may be, with unity and perseverance we believe the call for peace will grow strong.

With the belief that music can be a powerful tool to rally people around, we have written and recorded a song *******,******* Please attach it to your website and make it available to everyone. This song expresses in the best way we can the sentiments we have just outlined. We hope this song will be one of the many calls for a new global peace movement that encourages people to realize the madness that more violence will bring to this already insane situation. We also hope it will encourage people to think about the endless cycle of violence that violence creates

While the attacks of Sept 11, 2001 were incredibly evil and inflicted a great deal of pain upon us and all citizens of the world, the horrific attacks do not somehow nullify past or present injustices carried out by the U.S. government or any government for that fact! That said, when we feel injustice is taking place we will not hesitate to raise our voices in the name of justice! We hope you will join us.

Thanks Marty, but sadly I just dont think its going to work out, I tried making Rambo in Afghanistan for a Hero to look up to during a time of war. As you said, they took it WAY too sereously. So I just asked for it to be removed. Might still go to Hozer, but I think this will be the last of the games I make for a while... I just wanted to be one of the few to re create the Atari 2600 feeling of new games, (or clones of old games) but it didnt work out, but I guess I did re-create some sense of history with contraversy of such games like Custers Revenge and games like that. Sorry to be such a bother to the few of you that I have offended. But if you played these games to have fun and not to make a big deal about Im sure you would be much happier people...

So I just asked for it to be removed.  

You gotta stand true man, just because a few people are offended dosent mean the rest of the people shouldnt get to play it. I just dont agree with prlonged military activities, I never said it wasentn a good hack job. Not everyone likes chocolate ice cream, but storees sell it to the people who do. I say let the game stay up.

As for trying to steer this back on topic... How long does an average hack take you? Ive tried it before but the upside down thing dosent help when your mildly dyslexic

I dont think you should quit either, not everyone likes what i have to say or how i see things, but if i dont speak out then my voice is lost.. if you dont let your creative spirit flow, then you might be losing something too

I notice alot of classic music influence in your hacks... i always thought ozzy needed a game

Pyramid please don't stop!!! Im really intreseted in your hacks. I can't wait untill they come out at Hozer. Don't let one bad apple ruin the rest. Come on, youre hacks are great. I'll be really sad if you don't make any more hacks. Just get rid of that hack and make another one in it's place. You should make an Ozzy hack, Crazy Train (the most popular Ozzy song) would be a great hack.

Well, maybe I will keep Rambo in Afghanistan, in. I just figured you guys didnt like it and all. But if you think about it, Rambo in Afghanistan, could mean anything. Rambo might be in Afghanistan to buy a car for anyone knows. But the info reads he is there to take down the terrorist forces. So the plot line isnt exactly now when there isnt much going on over there but right after the U.S. was attacked. And Im sorry if I said anything to offend anyone earlier. But hey, every generation of 2600 games needs a contraversial one doesnt it?

And as for the Ozzy game, that really isnt a bad idea. I might start working on it soon, I have nothing I am currently working on, been out of ideas. I also didnt mean to say to just talk about gameplay, because gameplay is exactly the same as the original, as moycon so colorfully showed us. And as Liquid Sky said you cant go that far talking about hacks. I guess I was just a little too excited about them, plus bored and wanted to talk on here. And as for saying nothing but gameplay, I was just real frustrated and depressed and that just popped out by that point. So heck, just talk about anything I guess. The Ozzy Game, or how much you hate me for Rambo, lol, it doesnt matter.

P.S.

I might stick around...

Hey, I just wanted everyone to post reviews for the hacked games I made and were recently put on Atari Age. So I can use the information to make better game hacks in the future, for your gaming pleasure!

The Games that I would like you to review are the following:

Pink Floyd (Hack: Adventures of TRON)

Rambo in Afghanistan (Hack: Riddle of the Sphinx)

THX-1138 (Hack: Berzerk)

Yellow Submarine (Hack: Bermuda Triangle)

Keep in mind I would like you to compare with the originals also, if you want. Thanks!

Pyramid Studios

quote:

....Ok... Did anyone complain with Kabul? ...no... And you dont live in the U.S. so you really have no right to tell me how to feal about what those terrorists did to us.

I'm also from not from the US, but I still have the right for my very own oppinions too.

I didn't say anything about Kabul and your Rambo hack in this forum, but that doesn't mean that I like them, ok?

And I think, others have expressed my feelings much better than I could, so I stop now.

BTW: Most of the hacks look quite good, what kind of reviews are you looking for?

Hey Pyramid,

Just my .02, but when you open up a thread asking for reviews, feedback, comments, and critiques, it's pretty sad of you to get pi**ed-off when those comments are negative. Regardless of how we got here, you should've just said, "OK, thanks for your opinion. Next?" Instead, with your diatribes, all you've managed to do is throw rocks at a hornet's nest.

When you ask for feedback, don't automatically assume that the nay-sayers are gonna stay silent. And, when they do offer their opinion, they have every right to rain ire on you shoulders as the yay-sayers do in raining praise on those same shoulders. The thing is, your shoulders have to be strong enough to hold up under both. After all, "You asked for it."

You gotta get a thicker skin on you if you hope to ever deal with the public. Not everybody is gonna agree with you or what you're doing. Toughen up dude!

Snider-man

P.S. I'm a former investigative reporter for a large metropolitan paper and you don't KNOW what hate mail!

FOr example, do you know how to change the color schemes?

Change War of the Worlds to a totally different, unique color scheme - how about a black & white look? Use gray's, white, and black & see what happens (keep the shots in color though, heh). Stuff like that.

For example:

http://cafeman.www9.50megs.com/atari/5200d...arofworlds.html

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Cafeman ]

Whoah, didnt mean to start all this, haven't checked this thread in a while..

anyway, all I mean is - yeah I hate the Taliban and Al Queda as much as the next man (though Taliban aren't technically terrorists - just oppresive assholes) but a lot of innocents out there (the same innocents that were being oppresed by the Taliban beforehand) are being killed in the name of justice. Worth remembering that , I'm sure, not everyone who reads this or digs Atari is necessarily western caucasian, you're writing on an international medium here - I like your hacks - they're great - but maybe with the social and political climate at the moment, it's a bit too soon for the videogame. But please don't stop doing the hacks - Cute Dead Things house is great

I haven't played them much, but it seems that THX is the best one because the Berzerk backgrounds have changed, which really makes the game fresh.

The other games seem IDENTICAL to the originals except for slightly altered graphics -- is this true, or am I missing something?

My opinion -- change ALL these games even more to make them more distinct, and unique as hacks.