IGNORED

Pal Obelix cart

Noble Kale

quote:

Originally posted by osmeroid:

Apparently so, though most of the PAL Obelix carts I have seen for sale have been in France (UK is a very poor source for this game). The last time I saw a complete copy of this game for sale on ebay from the UK it sold for £58 (about AU$200?)

That's a very good price. A boxed copy in good condtion should do $25-$35 (US). One of the big vendors has a big supply of them, brand new.

Cheers,

Marco

it's not an ultrarare cart like the ntsc version, but i wouldn't underrate it too ...

it wasn't as common as the regular titles. this one was only produced within the first run of silver boxes. it wasn't rereleased. and it's not found every week on ebay.de or co.uk.

it give it a 4 or 5 in the rating.

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

it's not an ultrarare cart like the ntsc version, but i wouldn't underrate it too ...

it wasn't as common as the regular titles. this one was only produced within the first run of silver boxes. it wasn't rereleased. and it's not found every week on ebay.de or co.uk. it give it a 4 or 5 in the rating.

It's on some PAL Ebay site almost every week. Most Australian collectors can trade you one without a problem. I'd give it a 3.

In general, I feel we've overrated the rarity and value of many games. As a contributor to the DPG I'm guilty of that myself too. In the PAL 2600 section of DPG 6 we've lowered rarity and value of 90% of the games. I think the next edition will feature again lower numbers.

As I've said before, the supply of carts is just overwhelming when compared to the number of collectors. Only some dozen (released) games are really hard to get. The rest, well, in the end they will all be common.

Cheers,

Marco

I myself put very little stock in rarity guides, simply as they are only valid, in the area in which they were 'researched'.

Given that I have yet to see one based in Melbourne, Australia, I use them merely as a checklist to see which carts I have, and which I have yet to acquire.

(The reason why I asked about the rarity was because I remembered reading about a difference in rarity between the pal & ntsc versions....)

hey marco, don't focus too much on yourself. the 12 rare games (makes it sound like all others are common) are probably the only 12 you couldn't get or on which you ruined yourself.

i think it sounds stupid to reduce it to 12.

there's about 15 people on ebay, that grab anything rare for any price (i'll include you) ... so this means any other collector won't have a chance to grab any of these games before these 15 have it.

that leads to a new rarity category: UUSCHI

the UUSCHI-section stands for: unavailable until superman-collectors have it!

then we can have those 12 exotic ones at the top for you, while the regular collectors can work with the normal listing again ...

the 12 will be then regularly included in the DP in 2006

sorry marco, but this time i'm just as confused as you are about tempests prototype definitions.

That's a very good price. A boxed copy in good condtion should do $25-$35 (US).  

if it's a 3 in rarity, and they have so much (we still wait for the link), .... then the price would suck!

and also only beeing able to order a game overseas doesn't make a game common or scarce. you'd have to include shipping costs in the $ value, and eventually transaction fees.

the geographic factor should be considered too.

I try to be one of them too, but I think I don't have enough money.

But sometimes I get too very Rare games. Like Motorodeo for a very cheap price.

I have buy a complete Jr. with box and manual, and 32 in 1 with manual. And Tom Boy (Pit Fall) and Motorodeo with manual all together under 40 Euro.

Thanks to all who have not see this action on ebay.

quote:

hey marco, don't focus too much on yourself. the 12 rare games (makes it sound like all others are common) are probably the only 12 you couldn't get or on which you ruined yourself.

You can build a collection of 500 unique Atari 2600 games in 2 years. I know several people who did it. It's impossible to maintain collecting Atari 2600 games is a difficult thing.

Cheers,

Marco

quote:

If it's a 3 in rarity, and they have so much (we still wait for the link), .... then the price would suck!

and also only beeing able to order a game overseas doesn't make a game common or scarce. you'd have to include shipping costs in the $ value, and eventually transaction fees.

the geographic factor should be considered too.

Value and price are not related in a constant ratio. Atari 2600 Com had a large stock of nib PAL Obelix games. Taking part in a global hobby does mean that availability on the other side of the globe makes a game more common.

There's Obelixes on ebay.com and ebay.de at the moment - go get it!

Cheers,

Marco

quote:

Fish,

am i one of the 15 elite members of the UUSCHI??

Take Care,

Rick

hehe, sure you are a UUSCHI-member ;-D

even #1 with that beautifull display!

i haven't seen you bidding on river patrol and stronghold yet ... what's up?

Atari 2600 Com had a large stock of nib PAL Obelix games.

the price was as large! nearly double! a loose z-tack still comes up to 99$ ... that may not be the best example.

generally i use atari2600.com to show people that there is always somebody asking the double or triple ammount of it's real value ....

[QB]hehe, sure you are a UUSCHI-member ;-D

even #1 with that beautifull display!

i haven't seen you bidding on river patrol and stronghold yet ... what's up?

REALLY!! #1 !!!!!! WOW!! i will try to do my best to keep the #1 holding!!!

the reason why is: i have both river patrol and stronghold boxed!! (got them looong ago 80's)

Take care,

Rick

Maybe I am too one of the 15 Top UUSCHI members.

I have overbid Marco_K (sorry I want that game for a long time, as I play it the first time on Emulator). And I love Dragons, the box look so great.

Next time you will get it.

This time I have bid first and won.

Thanks, everytime I overbid one, I feel me a bit bad. But I have found this as first and want this game so much. I think next time you must not pay so much as I (I bid not so high again).

I know other fans (not Atari Fans) they make a War (not real, but like a War), and they are very angry if someone overbid them. I hate it too. They write stupid mail, and overbid everytime on special things.

But if all are happy then all is good.

I think everyone get great and good games. Sometimes you, sometimes he, and sometimes I.