IGNORED

Go Fish! Label Design Contest - Winner Selected!

Albert

I think there should be something like an "official" small icon/logo for the Atarivox module

That's a good idea - perhaps Albert could organise a competition of some sort to design one.

855566[/snapback]

I'm willing to explore doing such a contest. :)

..Al

Just curious, what would be the criteria for adding the AtariVox logo to a game? Would that include games that had any use of it? Or games where it was more integrated with (but not neccesarily required for) the gameplay? Maybe in the AtariAge store, some mention of how it's used could be added to each game that eventually supports it.

Also, for high-score saving, how many games can the AtariVox save scores for at one time? Is there a risk of some other AtariVox game erasing the scores for another?

As an aside (back to this contest), I put a shark in three of the labels I turned in, but struggled with how subtle to make it. I can see it, but I'm just wondering if anyone else can? :ponder:

Would that include games that had any use of it?

I suppose a game which makes any use of it, whether it be the EEPROM, sound, or both.

Talking of EEPROM, I'm thinking of making just a mem-save unit without the SpeakJet for folks who only want this feature.

Also, for high-score saving, how many games can the AtariVox save scores for at one time?

Is there a risk of some other AtariVox game erasing the scores for another?

No - that's why I setup this page - memory allocation table

I put a shark in three of the labels I turned in, but struggled with how subtle to make it. I can see it, but I'm just wondering if anyone else can?

It took me a while, but I saw it. It's just the teeth, right?

I was asked to remove the Fuji from the Krokodile Cart label. There was some discussion of the whole Atari logo issue during that and the Man Goes Down contest, I believe. Then for Ultra SCSIcide, it was made a rule.

From the Ultra SCSIcide page:

"Atari Logo - Do NOT use the Atari corporate logo (the fuji symbol) on your label submission. If you submit a label that features the Atari logo, you will be asked to remove it before your entry is submitted."

So I assumed that still applied here.

I was asked to remove the Fuji from the Krokodile Cart label. There was some discussion of the whole Atari logo issue during that and the Man Goes Down contest, I believe. Then for Ultra SCSIcide, it was made a rule.

From the Ultra SCSIcide page:

"Atari Logo - Do NOT use the Atari corporate logo (the fuji symbol) on your label submission. If you submit a label that features the Atari logo, you will be asked to remove it before your entry is submitted."

So I assumed that still applied here.

857060[/snapback]

Theres my point 8bit.

:ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

Didn't make an entry for either of those, so didn't know the rule. But like I mentioned, easy to remove (or add) and since this was my first contest, didn't know. I wasn't requested to remove the logo when submitted, so we will see what happens. A lot of great entries BTW. See what happens.

Core

Sorry for the delay (I was out of town last week and I'm still catching up), but I have posted the last contest entry, from Michael D'Onofrio:

Go Fish! Label Contest: Michael D'Onofrio

As for the Atari logo, yes, we would remove it from any final labels and the contest rules should have stated that it was not to be used. But that's my fault for omitting it, so I wasn't going to reject anyone's submissions on that alone.

There were 42 labels submitted in all and I'm sure Bob Montgomery will have fun picking his favorite to use for the game. :) Thanks go out to everyone who took the time to participate, it's always a pleasure to see how many talented and creative individuals take part in these contests..

Good luck!

..Al

After careful consideration of all the wonderful submissions for the Go Fish! Label Contest, author Bob Mongtomery has chosen Renato Brito's fifth entry as the winning label. Renato's label will adorn copies of Go Fish! when it goes on sale at the Oklahoma Video Game Expo on June 18th, after which it will be available for purchase in the AtariAge Store. Renato will receive a $50 gift certificate in the AtariAge Store, as well as a copy of Go Fish! featuring his winning design.

GoFish_RenatoBrito_front_5.jpg

Congratulations to Renato Brito and to all the participants who took the time to enter the contest and show off their talents!

Congrats Renato! Your label entries from the past few contests all show a unique, clean, bold, graphic style to them that I really like. You were due for a win. :)

In addition to your entries I also really liked Manu Pärssinen's entry. His usual heavily textured illustration style was particularly appropriate this time around I thought and he had one of my other favorite entries along with Nathan's usual excellent, expressive cartoon work. Some nice coloring in those labels too Nathan.