IGNORED

Cheap Picture Frames for Rare Atari Items

Joel D. Park

I've had to get a few large posters (regular-size posters, I guess, I think they're 24x36, typically?) framed in the past, and it can be pretty expensive. I now have a large statck of posters and other items I need framed, such as a large poster of the Deus Ex box artwork signed by the entire team. Also have some Ultima posters (more box artwork.. ) that I need to get framed, but not before getting signed by the original artists.

Stuff like that has been piling up for years, and the longer I wait, the more expensive it'll be to finally frame. I generally like to have them professionally mounted and framed, with plastic or glass protecting the surface of whatever it is I'm framing. More expensive, but I figure they'll last a lot longer than those inexpensive frames you can buy yourself. At least here in Texas there aren't any earthquakes to send picture frames crashing to the floor.

I haven't looked at IKEA's frames, next time I'm in one I'll have to look at them. Unfortunately there isn't an IKEA in Austin, and the closest is in Houston, which is at least three hours from here (even at the speeds I drive). Not worth it just to go look at picture frames.

Please let us know what you end up doing, and a few pictures would be cool as well..

..Al

Sorry to go off topic here.

But while we are on this topic(although off topic for the VCS), I have a question. I have a vintage Battlestar Galatica T-shirt that I got autographed by one of the stars of the show, Dirk Benedict(StarBuck). Do you know if the framing places mount and frame T-shirts?

It has been awhile since I framed a poster, but they used to have these really cheap poster frames made out of two pieces of rigid plastic and some very thin clear plastic.

They had them at Lechter's which just went out of business, but you may be able to find them someplace like Bed, Bath and Beyond. Maybe.

Good luck,

Eric