IGNORED

game played most often

bigbroobs

quote:

Originally posted by liveinabin:

At the moment I've got my head stuck in
Ginfight
but usually its Video Olympics or Combat - the 2 simplest games on the system yet 2 of the most compelling.

Whats Ginfight? , that sounds like a fun game actually

Montezumas Revenge doesnt get to far away from my Atari and Also HERO

quote:

Originally posted by liveinabin:

At the moment I've got my head stuck in
Ginfight

GINFIGHT? Sounds like a drinking game!

Yeah, its all about the groove. Right now I'm in a Pete Rose Baseball groove, I play about 3 games a day. I pepper that with Jungle Hunt and Venture, among others.

Asteroids, all the way... Currently got a 43400 score, which is probably a sad score to you guys, but I just started keeping a score sheet, and I havent got around to beating that last score yet. I just cant get really into alot of the 2600 games like Asteroids, I love to collect them but when it comes down to it, I cant play a 2600 game for many hours straight, (unless its Asteroids ) But I do enjoy playing them and hacking them and collecting them.

The game I play the most is Super Breakout. It's a simple concept. You control a paddle and bounce a ball off it into some bricks. I'm addicted to Breakout. It's a very fun game. But eventually Breakout got too easy for me. So I went out and got Super Breakout which is even better.

I also play Asteroids, Galaxian, Adventure, and Raiders of the Lost Ark a lot also.

For me, a quick game of Dodge-em (both switches on 'A') is always a great challenge (537 is my high score). I always have a favorite game of the week, this week it's Mr. Do's Castle (which is quite fun I might add...).

Of course, a game of Pete Rose Baseball is never too far away... Stan - have you beaten the computer yet? I'd love to play that game (and Double Dunk) against a human opponent sometime...

Yes, JohnnyWC, I am finally beating the computer on Pete Rose. I just played an amazing game winning 16-7. Other victories have been closer, this was my first blowout. I've been playing this game heavily for the past week. I too want to play it against a human some day. Its almost impossible to get a triple against the computer.

Finally a winner! Stan

popeal said:

For me, it's usually Ms Pac-Man, Pitfall II, Masters of the Universe (was a big He-Man fan back in the day, although, I love the Intellivision version better), and Asteroids.

I would have to agree with you that the Intellivision version of Masters of the Universe is much better

On topic, I have been playing Jr. Pac-Man most but I'm trading it to StanJr.

I guess I will have to find a new favorite, although that won't be too hard

I can't believe I typed Ginfight! Sounds a pretty slow game to me

Masters of the Universe?? Is that how creep boy got your attention?...

"Hi aimee, I'm Adam, prince of Eternia - fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword...etc.."

i would gereralise ....

when i was a kid, it was always the most advanced one that fascinated me ... so from the vcs2600 i immediately jumped to the c64 and never played consoles again.....

i was always more into arcades. beeing french, i could - for a very long time - use 20 centimes coins (about 2-3 cents) instead of the regular 1 Mark coins (1/2 dollar). so it was a cheap fun for me .... i just had to change the locations where i play more often, not be suspected.

there's another trick i remember, but let's make a separate post in the arcade section:

dirty tricks on arcades

On the 2600 emulator, it's Pete Rose baseball. On the 2600 real thing, it's surround or double dunk or pole position. On the 7800, it's the DrJ-Larry Bird One-on-One game.

quote:

Originally posted by Inky:

I play a lot of Stargate/Defender II. On the 7800 I ALWAYS play Xevious. I actually like the 78 Xevious better than the arcade game.