IGNORED

Vanguard Black

neotokeo2001

By Request:

VANGUARD BLACK

VanguardBlackLabel50.gif

Download BIN:

Vanguard_Black.zip

Why no black background on Vanguard?? The arcade had a black background and it just looks better. This time there are 3 different versions of the game included in the download.

1. Vanguard Fast-Original Vanguard with a faster player ship.

2. Vanguard Black-Vanguard with black background.

3. Vanguard Black Fast-Black background and the faster ship.

Thanks to Nukey Shay for the help.

Vanguard Black

z26p0005.gif

Original Vanguard

z26p0008.gif

Vanguard_Black.zip

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

How do you find the black version in this bin? I keep hitting games select and still nothin but regular vanguard.

It works fine here. Are you unzipping the file first? There are three separate .bins in there, and I think Stella will only play the first .bin it finds inside a ZIP file.

Yes, that is correct. The ZIP support in Stella was added only because most ROMs on AtariAge are zipped, one per zipfile. There is no support for selecting from multiple ones in a zipfile, nor for specifying which one to load. It was suggested at one point to add virtual zipfile support (ie, double-clicking on a zipfile with multiple items would show all the ROMs within the ZIP), but I don't know if the effort is justified.

It'd be a nice rainy-day feature, sure, and would be appreciated. But if it involves more than minimal effort, and/or takes time away from any of the great things going on with Stella, I think most of us would rather wait. Small conveniences are nice, but perfected TIA emulation (for example) is better!

Edited by thegoldenband

Actually this hack still needs something and I'm gonna tell you where is the problem: just launch PAL version of Vanguard in an emulator. That's it. It looks MILES better than NTSC version. All the colours are just right. I don't know if the game was developed using PAL machine but simply put, it looks awesome. So, if someone knows how to put those PAL colours into NTSC cart...

• 7 years later...

Just tried this out and noticed how the screen no longer flashes after the boss fight...

Otherwise good job! I very much enjoyed it, though I'd still like a version without the slow speed and allowing you to fire with the second controller.

Edited by Tangentg