i am looking for Atari 2600 Venture 2 limited edition(in the wooden chest). :(
I would buy it or maybe we could trade.
greetings Gambler172 :)

#2 FND OFFLINE  

FND

Stargunner

• 1,225 posts

Posted Sun May 8, 2005 10:31 PM

I have the Special ONE OF A KIND "OMEGA" CGE2k2 Treasure Chest version of Venture II

200.00 plus shipping if interested let me know

Here is a copy of a discussion with the creator of these items that was taken from
another forum about this item

----Start Quote --------

Folks are e-mailing me about the numbering system of the carts. I can understand the confusion, so let me try to summarize:
* The ad is incorrect. There are 25 carts in the run: 20 numbered and 5 "pre-production" that were given greek letter designations.
* First there were the first 4 "pre-production" carts - made to make sure I knew how to do this (stripping the ROMs, soldering, labelling, chest assembly, etc.) Those first four were given the greek letters "alpha, beta, gamma, and delta" and were given away to folks who helped me out. (I kept "alpha" which is now for auction.)
* There were 20 carts made and assembled that were sold to private parties at CGE 2001. The last one - #20 - was actually auctioned off at the CGE 2001 auction. That was the first hint of how sought-after these were.
* A month later, 9/11 hit. The Als at AtariAge asked me for a donation for their charity auction, so I made one more specifically for this. This cart was designated "Sigma" and is identical in every way to the carts released 30 days earlier. This cart brought $400 for the event, of which I'm pretty proud.

So, those are the "25." Some folks consider Sigma as an addition to the run, but I consider it just as viable as the other 24 - more so because it was made for a very specific reason.

There was one final cart made for CGE last year - numbered "Omega" (As in "the last one of these I'll ever mess with). "Omega" is NOT considered "one of the initial 24/25" and is its own specially-created entity. It *is* a "Treasure Chest edition," but the cart label clearly says it was released at CGE 2002 and the instructions have a color cover and are signed. So it doesn't count (by my reckonning). It was made just for someone who may have wanted the boxed edition, but is seperate from the inital 24/25.

So, there you have it. Five greek-lettered versions (which includes the 9/11 cart) and 20 numbered carts. "Omega" is a CGE 2002 release and is not part of original run.

Hope this helps. Thanks again for the interest, gang.

----End Quote ------

Posted Image

#3 AtariAger OFFLINE  

AtariAger

VideoLifer

• 2,499 posts

Posted Sun May 8, 2005 10:58 PM

:lust: ...

#4 Mayhem OFFLINE  

Mayhem

River Patroller

• 4,896 posts
  • Commodore Chaos Knight

Posted Mon May 9, 2005 5:56 AM

T'is very nice... I've got one sitting at home as well :)

(I believe to be 14/20 but I need to go check!)

#5 Marco OFFLINE  

Marco

River Patroller

• 2,050 posts
  • Close to 2600

Posted Tue May 10, 2005 11:25 AM

I got the Alpha version :D

Cheers,
Marco

Edited by Marco, Wed May 11, 2005 1:16 AM.

#6 maibock OFFLINE  

maibock

River Patroller

• 3,921 posts

Posted Tue May 10, 2005 11:34 AM

That reads "Snider-man" on the certificate - Wasn't he a member here awhile ago? I seem to recall someone like that posting here :ponder:

Anyway - nice packaging there! :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users