IGNORED

Imagic's Numb Thumb Club

cvga

Did anyone else ever join Imagic's Numb Thumb Club (there's an ad in the back of most of their catalogs)? I remember sending in my $2 and waiting and waiting without them sending me my membership card or poster. We wrote back to them and nothing happened. Finally my mother talked someone from the Better Business Bureau into helping us. I did end up receiving the card and poster but I don't know what happened to them. I can't even remember which poster I asked for

How many different posters did they release? I would love to have one of each!

I remember seeing that ad for Imagic a long time ago but I did not try to join because I had sent my $1.00 to join the Atari club and never got anything back, I was so mad that I asked my dad to go over there and kick every body's ASS!! ( I was 10 years old ), but when he told me they were in California and it was too far away, so to make up for it he took me to sears and bought me any game I wanted.

I did send the $2 early enough to get a numb thumb membership wallet size card and two 4 to 6 page newsletters;unfortunately these items are in a landfill(next to all the e.t. carts!?).Anybody have the newsletters scanned?How many were made?I also had the first two atari age newspaper type newsletters.(there were two,right?)Anybody have these?I only saw one newsletter on ebay once;it was pretty expensive.

quote:

Originally posted by Pete Perpetua:

I have the first 2 Issues of the Numb Thumb News. several years ago I scanned them along with all the Atari Age & Atarian magazines onto a CD.

And they will soon all find their way onto this site. Once the Lynx section goes online, we'll be able to get to a backlog of material like this.

..Al

Ironically if you look at jahfish's picture and the one in the link, Imagic used two different thumbs. The German thumb is the right thumb while the American thumb is the left thumb. With joysticks, the left thumb makes sense because it's the one you would use to push the fire button.

Jahfish, did your atari have joysticks or the joypads? If it had joypads, are the fire buttons on the left-hand or right-hand side? I'm wondering if the thumbs are random or if Imagic really put some thought into it.

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

And they will soon all find their way onto this site. Once the Lynx section goes online, we'll be able to get to a backlog of material like this.

..Al

This Lynx section is really grating my cheese!! Its really gumming up progress!!

I never knew about the club as a kid, but if I did, I bet I woulda' wanted to join. I think modern atari gamers should revive these awesome halls of brother (and sister) hood. (Kinda like a certain Activision Quest...where did it go )

Numb Stan

quote:

Originally posted by cvga:

Ironically if you look at jahfish's picture and the one in the link, Imagic used two different thumbs. The German thumb is the right thumb while the American thumb is the left thumb. With joysticks, the left thumb makes sense because it's the one you would use to push the fire button.

i guess the designers of the sticker/logo weren't paying attention enough .... or they got the logo as b/w repro film and used the wrong side ....

quote:

Originally posted by cvga:

Jahfish, did your atari have joysticks .....

no, no joysticks ..... my friends call me mastermind and i play every game with a mindlink controller

(it's the same VCS sets that we have, exept for the later junior release that came with the joypad)