IGNORED

'Adventure' style games

Osmeroid

I am also a big fan of advenutre games - those that involve some knowledge of the game and some strategy. To name but a few, and this is by no means a complete list, Adventure, ROTLA, ET (yeah!), Riddle of the Sphinx, Secret Quest, Dark Chambers, Tutankham, Swordquest (anything), Montezuma's .. etc.

Despite the fact that I think that it has quite possibly the most inferior graphics of them all (listed), my preference is for Riddle of the Sphinx. I first played this game by renting it from a local video store back in '82 (cost me 50p for 3 days rental). This is still a game I can spend hours playing and revel in the challenge of this rather unique game in this genre.

Any comments?

Totally missed out mentioning CBS Venture!

My favorites are

Adventure (just a good ol classic)

Montezumas Revenge (i love the little guy with the cool hat)

Riddle of the Sphinx (i played this game with no manual) me and my friend played this game for 3 days trying to figure out how to finish the game, i used to have very detailed notes about every part of this game, but they disappeared over the years

And then

Tutankham - i have this on the 2600 and its ok but i grew up playing the colecovision version

Id have to go for the Dark Chambers style of play, was this the original gauntlet?

More or less, I'm not sure how the story goes, but I believe the original DC came out for one of Atari's home computers in '83. Gauntlet came out in '84, I think. But, yes, I certainly rank Dark Chambers as the definitive RPG for the 2600 (I don't think Xenophobe qualifies as an RPG ). I could go on and on about Superman, too.

I also like the 2600 adventure games. My favorite game has always been Adventure. Although I've beaten the first and second levels many times, the third level is always a challenge. You never know what to expect when you play the third level because of the random placement of the items. Also, the red dragon could be anywhere. It's just a fun game.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is my second favorite Atari game. It was very confusing at first, but once I figured out what to do, it became fun. I also like Dark Chambers and Superman as well.

I have Swordquest - Earthworld and Fireworld, both

interesting games but the Pal Versions suck (no Comic

included, one level missing) and the Instruction-Manual

is no help at all.

ROTLA is great but as i don´t have the manual it´s

kinda confusing.

I like E.T. (this is not a joke!), i found out how to play

it without having the manual! That was some kinda weird

trip...

I also have Dark Chambers and Riddle of the Sphinx but

all in all good old Adventure is the best game of `em all!

It`s pure fun to play!!!

Btw. i think you should also count in Haunted House which

is a great game too!!!

Secret Quest comes first for me...

Then Riddle of the Sphinx...

Then Raiders of the Lost Ark...

I am sure Dark Chambers would be in this list...but I haven't a copy of it for the 2600 nor 7800 yet...I know I know..I have no excuse...

Dark Chambers is awesome...Altho I never really got the fact that when you shoot a baddy it regresses. That is to say it turns into the next least powerful creature until you get to the bottom of the list (orc?) and it finally explodes. I'd have rather the thing change color slighty or just blow up once you hit it enough times. Also Id rather the creatures be able to "steal" your inventory if they touched you, that way youd have reason to go looking for your stuff again.But those are petty complaints and the game rocked for its time. GET IT NOW!!! 7800 versions even better!