#1 atwwong OFFLINE  

atwwong

Stargunner

• 1,147 posts
  • Haunted Adventurer

Posted Fri May 20, 2005 5:19 PM

Note to self --> post contest in Contest Forum... :ponder:

HASE Easter Egg Contest - cancelled

There are three easter eggs (what I consider easter eggs, anyways) in Haunted Adventure II SE. The first person who finds all three and sends me proof, i.e., photos off their TV, will receive as a prize a cart version of my current project (the nature of which I am keeping as a surprise). This contest is open to people who received the HASE from Packrat Video Games. Whipcrack, Nukey, and StanJr cannot participate in this contest (sorry guys! ;) ). Anyone who asks them for help may receive a roach infested Combat cart, if I can find one on e-bay and be bothered to bid for it, much less send it off. :P )

Happy adventuring! :)

*Update 2006-12-24* New HAT Ultimate Easter Egg Contest
After one and a half years... because the Haunted Adventure Trilogy is complete, I'm changing the contest. More details below...

Edited by atwwong, Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:57 AM.

#2 atwwong OFFLINE  

atwwong

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,147 posts
  • Haunted Adventurer

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:00 AM

The Haunted Adventure Ultimate Easter Egg Search Contest*

The Haunted Adventure Trilogy has many easter eggs, but there is one ultimate, "final" easter egg (it's fairly obvious once found)! I am offering a grand prize to the first one who finds this ultimate easter egg. This prize is unique, as it is a cart of the prototype of the original Haunted Adventure that has never been released and never will be. There will be only one cart of this prototype game, ever. Collectors, this is your chance to own a truly unique cart!

Rules:

1. This contest is only open to owners of the Haunted Adventure Trilogy.

2. The winner of the grand prize will be the first person to find the "ultimate" easter egg and post to me, by either e-mail or PM, a detailed description of what the easter egg is, and concise, repeatable instructions detailing exactly how to unlock the egg.

3. You must discover the egg on real hardware and only by playing.
a. Dumping the cart for any purpose is considered unfair and is therefore forbidden.
b. Playing on an emulator is not allowed.
c. Such activities as reverse-engineering, disassembling, using the Stella or PCAE debugger, or other dissemination of the binary are not allowed.
d. You may not use any hardware tools such as an EPROM emulator, oscilloscope, logic analyzer or anything else on the cart or any of its components.

4. This contest commences immediately and will end once a grand prize winner is confirmed and announced in this thread.

Hint:

From your first steps,
Always do what is right.
Travel up the straight and narrow path,
Which leads life’s journey encountering both foe and friend;
Travel through the tome of truth
To find true eternal salvation for the soul.

Happy adventuring!

Cheers,
Tony Wong

*Thanks to batari for permission to use the rules for the 2005 Minigame Multicart easter egg contest as a template for my contest.

#3 Lord Helmet ONLINE  

Lord Helmet

AtariAge Anomaly

• 9,867 posts

Posted Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:41 PM

I'm currently out of town, but I'm going to work on this when I get back after the 1st of the year.

#4 Lord Thag OFFLINE  

Lord Thag

River Patroller

• 3,006 posts
  • We put our faith in Blast Hardcheese

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:43 AM

I'll start on this too. Tony, I don't suppose you're gonna be nice and tell us which GAME in HAT that we have to mess with are you? It was bad enough when there were just the two ;)

#5 atwwong OFFLINE  

atwwong

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,147 posts
  • Haunted Adventurer

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:47 AM

I'll start on this too. Tony, I don't suppose you're gonna be nice and tell us which GAME in HAT that we have to mess with are you? It was bad enough when there were just the two ;)

Now, now, Jonathan, that would be telling... :evil:

Spoiler

Cheers,
Tony

#6 Legend OFFLINE  

Legend

Moonsweeper

• 346 posts

Posted Tue Feb 3, 2009 11:58 PM

anyone find the easter egg yet so the rom can be dumped and released?

#7 atwwong OFFLINE  

atwwong

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,147 posts
  • Haunted Adventurer

Posted Wed Feb 4, 2009 7:49 PM

anyone find the easter egg yet so the rom can be dumped and released?

See here.

#8 IHATETHEBEARS OFFLINE  

IHATETHEBEARS

Moonsweeper

• 455 posts

Posted Thu Feb 5, 2009 10:53 AM

Have any maps been made available for these games?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users