IGNORED

Wozniak question

san-d-2000

They worked on the arcade version. Of course Woz did all the programming I'm sure

BTW this is of course how they sort of started the Apple computer. IIRC they used parts from Atari. They joke about it on Stella at 20: Volume 1 and say that since Atari drove the price down for the 6502, Steve was able to make the Apple.

As far as I know, Jobs left Atari before the VCS came out, so he couldn´t be involved in the VCS port. Even when Jobs and Woz programmed Breakout it was designed by Nolan Bushnell so there he should be named first if any in the VCS game. Anyway it would be fair to the original programmers to be listed in later ports of games, because it´s due to their efforts, that the game was created and became successfull enough to be ported.

BTW, are there credits in the VCS Breakout? I don´t have this game...

Funny that this thread would be on right now. Last night, there was a Biography on Woz on the Biography Channel. I only caught the middle of it, so I do not know what all they would have shown of his Atari days. They did show the tent at the US festival he had with Apple and Atari's hooked up to TVs everywhere.

Here is his Bio, not sure how relevant it is to the thread, just sort of neat to see.

Cassidy

http://search.biography.com/print_record.pl?id=20958