IGNORED

WHAT IF - Food For Thought - Airworld

Trebor

Imagine if people went along with the whims/whinning of the following:

"Please Mr. Christopher Reeve DO NOT play the role of Superman. You see I'm a BIG collector of all the Action Comics of the past 40 years as well as a BIG George Reeves fan. I think it would be a great injustice. As I do own a copy of every episode that was every made".

To bring that a little more up to date:

"Terry Thatcher, I would kindly ask you to please reconsider your role of Lois Lane on ABC's, 'The Adventures of Superman'. You see I'm a HUGE Noel Neill fan (She played Lois Lane in the 50's). I feel you will destroy/tarnish the image of Lois Lane forever. I have most of the early Superman merchandise and wouldn't want anyone to disrupt my dreams of what may be still out there. I know you may not agree, but please understand that many feel the way I do".

or

"Dear Atari, I have been imformed you are planning to release a console system entitled '2600'. Please DO NOT do so. Your see I'm a BIG Pong fan. I have EVERY PONG system Atari has put out. I think color and variety will RUIN my fondness for Atari and PONG forever. I aslo no MANY individuals who love Pong and wouldn't want to see the Atari name being run into the mud".

or

"Dear Marvel/DC comics, Please stop producing/re-issuing comics. I have finally collected every single comic in existance and feel furthering along ANY storyline will crush what dreams/fantasies I have of what could've been, what might be, or what may exist that I don't have. Additionally, it is not the same writers/inkers/pencilers/editiors from 30 years ago, so you shouldn't make any more comics".

or

"Dear GM, Please stop producing automobiles. I am trying to collect and already own MANY of your cars. The workmenship, memories, design of your cars have been fantastic. However, I know you don't have the same designers from 40 years ago. I feel that furthering producing modifying and of the GM line of cars will just ruin my excitement, dreams, asperations, of what a car could be".

or

"Dear Honda, Your not GM so please don't make cars. I'm sure you can understand."

Get my point?

-Trebor

• 5 months later...