IGNORED

the quest begins!

liquid_sky

I have begun a new site, dedicated to my quest of earning every activison patch in exstiance! pay me a visit at the activison quest, the page is located in my signature, and help me figure out where to start.. either email me or (preferabally) post your reccomendatio of a starting point in here.

thanks in advance

Two options:

Start with something easy to build momentum before you tackle the tough ones. ie. Start with Seaquest or Frostbite and work your way to Dragster and Space Shuttle.

OR

Start with a really tough one (Private Eye) just to give your initial outing a BANG and to give your quest some credibility, then attack a mix of light and heavy games.

I will enjoy tracking your progress and perhaps taking part. I assume you will post screen shots of your qualifying scores....

Patchy Stan

if the gaming dosent get too intense i plan to take shots in between rounds and collage them so you can see the score rise and see how many rounds it took me also. Private eye is going to be near the end of my list, as i am horrible at it. I was thinking to begin with either robot tank or seaquest, i could do the obvious but lame, and get the tennis patch in 5 min but thats not the way i do things.

as long as its not considered cheating, and ill only look at it if i need help.. what i paln to do it have like a mini site related to each game while i progress, the private eye one could use your list alot (ittl be full credit the only people i dont credit are the voices in my head).. one problem.. how the hell am i gonna stand playing lazer blast without falling alseep?

Dude, you are on your own with Laser Blast. I do not envy you that chore. I say do it early in the day and with a couple cups of coffee.

My solution is just a map of the city for level 3. The location of everything is marked (of course what else good would it be?), so I guess it is up to you how much it would be "cheating." Its at your disposal.

we know what game ill be saving for near last dont we? wretched laser blast.. how could anyone stand playing it long enough to roll it over?? i guess kids have shorter attention spans nowadays, i cant imagine a modern version of laser blast selling at all... you need ritilan just to have any chance at speaning more than 5 min with it

[/bitching]

Well. I just did something I didnt plan to.. I was just playin Sea Quest and I was having a good game and out of habit I took a screenshot of my final score (It seemed too easy I didnt figure It was Patch-worthy.) As I was checking my mail and pondering what game to start with, I looked at the patches, and I realized something.. I earned the Patch! I didnt take round by round shots tho, so I guess ill try it again tommarrow and do it right. My final score, without even trying, 76,190

Page of Sea Quest should be finished by Wed, Up and active for high score wars (if anyone dares take on my questing powers of the sea man (no i dodnt mean for it to sound dirty you perverts )

Hey 76,190 is a great score for not really trying good job

I wish there was a way for me to prove my high scores but alas i play the actual game and cant take screen shots

but i did have seaquest back when i was a kid and i kept a high score book my last recorded score was 121,770 guess what my first recorded score was? 26,260

Do Spider Fighter next, i remember being in a zone playing that game when i got my highest score it would have been alot higher as i had 9 guys left and my mom turned off the power to the outlet my atari was in

Forget the keyboard for emu, its a pain.

Joysticks for the emu are also a pain, but less of one. I currently use a microsoft joystick called the Sidewinder(i think). Its a huge monster with 8 buttons (who needs that many buttons?) and some king of scroller thingy. But it calibrates easy, doesn't kick back, and is the best, cheapest joystick for emu-ing i have found yet.

Well im out on Stampede, but spider fighter i got a score for (from 15 years ago )

Heres all my recorded Activision scores

it will give ya something to try and beat ( warning some are way easy to beat)

Enduro -- 11,302 (this is all i got for info on this game)

Keystone Kapers -- 46,500

Pitfall -- 104,560

Pitfall 2 -- 199,000

Spider Fighter -- 148,900

Barnstorming (i think all these are on easy difficulty)

level 1 -- 32.97

level 2 -- 51.13

level 3 -- 54.25

level 4 -- 1:15.15

I have every level for skiing as well but i dont feel like typing them out right now

As you can see i didnt have alot of Activision games back then

Everyone always disses Laser Blast so much... I never really thought it was all that bad. It may not have a lot of variety, but not a lot of Atari games did. I always liked the fact that you could crash your ship into the turrets too

As for Spider Fighter, the first day I got this game, I played it for like, an hour straight without losing lives (Any time I lost a life, I got another right away)... I can't imagine it would take long to earn a patch in it.

--Zero

Well since we are posting unofficial scores here are mine:

Seaquest: 136,200 (i just did this one, but PCAE did NOT take a screen shot!!!! I don't know why, don't worry, I'll do it again with a better score and a screenshot, I promise)

Beamrider: 15084

Commando: 13600

Dolphin: 114,510

Frostbite: 233,070

HERO: 115,740

Keystone Kapers: 26,450

River Raid: 30,690

Stampede: 2796

liquid_sky, if any of these qualify for patches, let me know and I'll try to duplicate the performance and send you a screenshot! That Frostbite score may take a while....

Stanivision

heh i would take screen shots but i hate playing atari on my computer

Hey how about putting this (uncomfirmed)after peoples names with no screen shots and after people with screen shots (confirmed) or something to that effect

LOL never mind i just read the last line under our scores LOL thats also a good idea

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Lemmi ]