IGNORED

Vectrex Limited Edition Protector up for grabs!

Alex H

After seeing a Protector Limited Edition (Vectrex) sell on eBay recently for GBP165.00 (roughly US$300 at the current exchange rate - see this thread), it got me thinking... Perhaps I should put that spare copy I have left on eBay?

But then I remembered my good friends here at AtariAge and thought "No!"

I had originally planned to run some sort of competition and offer it as the prize, but just never got round to it. So that's what I'm going to do now.

So here's the deal. I produced 100 copies numbered from 00 to 99. All you have to do is guess the number of the copy that's up for grabs. The first person to pick the right number wins!

The rules:

1. Each person may choose only one number. (One entry per member.)

2. Your AtariAge forum membership must have been registered before the date/time of this post. (Yep, that will prevent new users taking part, but I don't want people registering multiple accounts in order to circumvent Rule 1.)

3. Please post your chosen number here in this thread. Put the number on it's own, on the first line of your message. (Other text may follow if you like.)

4. You may not edit the message that contains your chosen number.

5. Anyone found breaking these rules will be disqualified.

6. In the event that two or more people choose the correct number, the person who's message appears first wins.

7. There is no fixed time limit on how long this competition will run. If after a while no one has guessed the correct answer, I may decided to allow everyone a second chance.

8. I reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time, change the rules at any time and my decision is final. (This is basically in case something goes horribly wrong, e.g. my house catching fire and the game being destroyed.)

Ok, hopefully that covers everything.

BTW, if you own a copy already, you are still free to enter. You may also post the number of the cartridge(s) you own to help narrow the odds for other members if you like, but please make it obvious that this isn't your entry for the competition. (My personal copy is number 00, so you can strike that off already!)

*** UPDATE ***

Ok, 47 numbers out and no one has chosen the correct number yet. So it's time to let you all have a second chance! Please post your second choice as before. Anyone who hasn't already taken part may choose 2 numbers.

The numbers it can't be:

00 01 02 03 05 07

10 11 13 14 17 19

31 32 33 34 36 37 38 39

42 43 48

50 52 54 58

62 64 66 67 69

71 73 74 75 76 77 79

82 84 86 87

97 98 99

Good luck everyone!

*** GAME OVER ***

We have a winner!!! 8bitclassics guessed that it was cartridge #06 that was up for grabs. Congratulations 8bitclassics, commiserations to everyone else.

Thanks for playing everybody!

Edited by Alex H