IGNORED

How did I do?

Simek

These are the games that I'm guarenteed to get with my atari when it arrives next week: Pitfall II, Deadly Duck, Worm War I, Fast Eddie, Sorcerer, Name This Game, M.A.D. Raquetball, Pole Position, Breakout, Commando Raid. Plus 20 common others he didn't mention, but he said their wouldn't be any duplicates.

quote:

Originally posted by Simek:

With shipping $70. I found the best buy it now that I could.

edit: Two controllers and a set of paddles.

[ 02-23-2002: Message edited by: Simek ]

Ouch! You should have bid on it, You could have gotten it much cheaper. If I read correctly you got 31 games, 2 joysticks and 1 set of paddles? That's worth about $45 WITH shipping. I would have never paid this much unless there was a REALLY good game in there. The best two you listed were Pitfall II and Sorcerer. You did get some great games but you went to high on the price.

Sorry but that's my opinion

Simek, don't sweat it. Evil-bay is a dangerous body of water filled with sharks, pirates, and even the occasional squid, who are just looking for unsuspecting seafarers like yourself. If you are happy with your games, then just be glad to have sailed the evil-bay sea and returned with your ship intact. "Buy it now" is often the only way to guarantee that you will get anything.

Metaphor Stan

quote:

Originally posted by Simek:

All the ones I bid on get sniped at the last second. I decided, with tax money, that I would take a sure thing.

That's why you must become the sniper. Don't bid on something you want as soon as you see it. All your doing is driving the price up. Wait until the last possible moment that you can place a bid to do so(I know sometime you have to be other places when auctions are ending, happens to me all the time.) Place the highest bid you are willing to pay and cross your fingers. I've found the only way to get anything good is to snipe it away from someone else. If you are the high bidder, you WILL get outbid if the item is good enough.

Yeah, it sucks, I know. But this is really the only way to do it. Just ask Ataripitbull. He and I fought over that Waterworld auction within the last 2 minutes and neither of us had placed a bid before that. I just happened to place the final bid which he didn't top. And I'm glad for it, too.

quote:

Originally posted by AtariDude:

Sniping is a good tactic. I have been doing that a lot with the past few items since it keeps the price down plus if someone really wants it more than I, I don't have to worry about overspending since someone else will get it at the higher price.

Yeah, that's pretty much my take on it , too. If someone wants to pay more than me, they can have it. I just bid the absolute max of what I think it's worth and wait. But I wait until the last possible minute that I can bid on it to do so (sometimes this is hours before because of other obligations. Work, ugh!)