IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 23: G.I. Joe - Cobra Strike

Ze_ro

Here are a few things that have occurred to me as I have been playing this week:

Take your time. The game is not timed, yet I found I was getting in a hurry to kill the Cobra. No need, protect the JOES, and shoot when you have a shot.

To that end, remember that your primary task is to protect the JOES. On the higher levels I survive longer if I wait for the shot, block the shot, and then while blocking, take my shot at the Cobra. Never leave your JOES uncovered. There is plenty of time to ruin Cobra's day.

The final shot that kills the Cobra also wipes out anything the Cobra has shot. So this is the one time you can leave a JOE uncovered and just blast the Cobra, just be sure you hit!

There is a rhythm to the Cobra's firing pattern. It changes as the difficulty increases, but once you lock onto the rhythm, you'll be better prepared to defend and retaliate. However, the special KILLING SHOT appears to be random. I played 8 games today well past the 10K mark and never once heard the warning signal.

Each Cobra behaves differently, learn how the Cobras act and you can plan an attact for each.

Right now the Red and Yellow Cobra is kicking my ass. He is fast moving and fast shooting with fast dropping shots. :x :x :x :x

Some of the cobras seem to give you the "death shot" opportunity more frequently (the 5th cobra, for example).

EDIT: Oops, I meant the 6th cobra. I don't even think it's possible to get the 10K bonus until the 6th cobra. I never have, anyway. Don't leave that level without it, though! You should have around 9000 points by then. You can kill off two Joes on the 6th cobra wave in an effort to bunch them together and make it easier for you on the later levels. At 10K you'll get another Joe, and killing the 6th cobra when you hear those three tones will give you a bonus 10K - 2 reserves within a minute.

Edited by xeex