IGNORED

8-bit to 5200 conversions: Where?

batari

Hi,

I've been looking for the 8-bit to 5200 conversions that I've seen referenced here and other places, but all I can find are a few scattered ones. Ideally, I'm looking for all or them, preferrably in one download instead of having to forever browse the forums (the search feature here doesn't work very well.)

I'm looking because I'd like to build my own multicart, but I don't want to miss out on these great conversions. If anyone can help, please let me know!

Hi,

I've been looking for the 8-bit to 5200 conversions that I've seen referenced here and other places, but all I can find are a few scattered ones.  Ideally, I'm looking for all or them, preferrably in one download instead of having to forever browse the forums (the search feature here doesn't work very well.)

I'm looking because I'd like to build my own multicart, but I don't want to miss out on these great conversions.  If anyone can help, please let me know!

880422[/snapback]

Here is all I have done except BD, unless I missed any. All 16K one's are one-chip types.

5200conv.zip

• Like 1

Hi,

I've been looking for the 8-bit to 5200 conversions that I've seen referenced here and other places, but all I can find are a few scattered ones.  Ideally, I'm looking for all or them, preferrably in one download instead of having to forever browse the forums (the search feature here doesn't work very well.)

I'm looking because I'd like to build my own multicart, but I don't want to miss out on these great conversions.  If anyone can help, please let me know!

880422[/snapback]

Here is all I have done except BD, unless I missed any. All 16K one's are one-chip types.

880438[/snapback]

Thanks! :cool: This helps a lot! I can't wait to play Jumpman Jr. on the 5200 :lust:

I can't wait to play Jumpman Jr. on the 5200 :lust:

880455[/snapback]

It doesn't work on real hardware.

880467[/snapback]

Works for me, the start/control system is really weird but I guess that was how it was configured on the 800 version? In case you don't know, you have to hit * on the second controller then start on the second controller and then the speed you want to play at 1-4. You play one player games with the first controller though.

Mitch

880455[/snapback]

880467[/snapback]

Works for me, the start/control system is really weird but I guess that was how it was configured on the 800 version? In case you don't know, you have to hit * on the second controller then start on the second controller and then the speed you want to play at 1-4. You play one player games with the first controller though.

Mitch

880475[/snapback]

This must be a new version then, the versions I tested, crashed all over the place.

880455[/snapback]

880467[/snapback]

Mitch

880475[/snapback]

Yea I didnt undo the quirk of the original Jumpman Jr where you have to press Select on the computer verison to then select # of players which is different than most games so you have to press * (or #, dont remember which). If it only is accepting it from the second controller and not the first, let me know and I can take a look at that sometime.

880455[/snapback]

880467[/snapback]

Mitch

880475[/snapback]

This must be a new version then, the versions I tested, crashed all over the place.

880482[/snapback]

Where was it again you said you moved to?

It may be affecting your 5200's performance you know.

96.jpg

:ponder:

880455[/snapback]

880467[/snapback]

Mitch

880475[/snapback]

Yea I didnt undo the quirk of the original Jumpman Jr where you have to press Select on the computer verison to then select # of players which is different than most games so you have to press * (or #, dont remember which). If it only is accepting it from the second controller and not the first, let me know and I can take a look at that sometime.

880484[/snapback]

Yeah, it only works on the second controller port for me. I also have trouble with the joystick sensitivity being too high (at least for me) or maybe I just need to dig out one of my Masterplays. :D

Mitch

• 11 years later...