IGNORED

A Real "OUCH!!!!!!!!!!"

godsey1

This really did hurt BADDDDDDD! Yesterday I was playing my 6 switch Sears system, I though I'd try Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The lable on this cartridge was mint, I said WAS mint. When I tried to insert the cartridge, it was tight. So I pushed a little harder. I got finished playing it. When I removed it the lable had about an inch long rip on the right side where it got hung on the edge of the cart slot. I was MAD!!!!!!!!!!! So if anyone is thinking about playing their odd carts in a Sears 6 switch, be very careful.

Tony

hey if you don't want it anymore you can give it to me

also, why would you use the sears anyway, it would be out of the question for me to play a rare game in a clone, it just isn't as good and the original (actualy for some reason i normally play all my 2600 games on my 2600 jr. it is just easier)

quote:

Originally posted by godsey1:

This really did hurt BADDDDDDD! Yesterday I was playing my 6 switch Sears system, I though I'd try Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The lable on this cartridge was mint, I said WAS mint. When I tried to insert the cartridge, it was tight. So I pushed a little harder. I got finished playing it. When I removed it the lable had about an inch long rip on the right side where it got hung on the edge of the cart slot. I was MAD!!!!!!!!!!! So if anyone is thinking about playing their odd carts in a Sears 6 switch, be very careful.

Tony

Sorry to hear about that I would be very mad as well.

This should be a post included in a FAQ for new Atari users. Many ask which to buy a 6 Switch, 4 Switch, or Junior. Perhaps this would help them choose a 4 Switch or Junior due to the cartridge size problems in the 6 switch.

I myself am getting wore out typing, buy a 4 Switch or Junior because of the cartridge size problems with the 6 switch, all the time

I'm just curious what is the label style for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre game?

Similar situation happened to me with a pirate gameboy cart I bought from my local target (my friend who works there managed to 'procure' it for me.)

The cart when in, and was a *snug* fit. After finding the game to be quite good (multi-cart with 8 unlicensed games), I tried to remove it.

It took me half an hour to lever the bastard out of my gameboy, and I had to use a pocket knife to do it. Left gouges in the plastic of the cart....

Worst part is, I now have a cart I can't play, and I know the games are good

Kale

quote:

Originally posted by Noble Kale:

Similar situation happened to me with a pirate gameboy cart I bought from my local target (my friend who works there managed to 'procure' it for me.)

The cart when in, and was a *snug* fit. After finding the game to be quite good (multi-cart with 8 unlicensed games), I tried to remove it.

It took me half an hour to lever the bastard out of my gameboy, and I had to use a pocket knife to do it. Left gouges in the plastic of the cart....

Worst part is, I now have a cart I can't play, and I know the games are good

Kale

Shit, sounds very bad. I have a GB,GBC and GBA too and know what you are talking about.

Sorry to hear it.

Michael

Hi All,

If it had been an E.T. cartridge, I would have laughed. I didn't know that a Sears system was that much different than an Atari, but I found out the hard way. I would throw it away, but it's the only boxed system that I have. It has the normal label, as far as I know. What other label were made for this game?

Tony

quote:

Originally posted by godsey1:

Hi All,

If it had been an E.T. cartridge, I would have laughed. I didn't know that a Sears system was that much different than an Atari, but I found out the hard way. I would throw it away, but it's the only boxed system that I have. It has the normal label, as far as I know. What other label were made for this game?

Tony

This type of thing happens with any brand of 6 Switch, Sears Tele-Games or Atari-- makes no difference.

The Silver and Red labeled Atari brand games are slightly larger than older Text and Picture labels. Other brands are larger as well and don't fit in any 6 Switch easy.

Perhaps Atari did this to make everyone buy their new 4 Switch system. The 4 Switch systems can easily fit the Silver and Red labeled games and the older Text and Picture labeled games as well. If you have a 4 switch you can not tell a differnce when you use the game.

If you compare a Silver or Red labeled game to a Text or older black Picture labeled game you can see a slight differnce in size. This difference is just enough to cause problems.

I personally don't know if there are label variations or anything about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre game. I was curious to know more about the label/company.