IGNORED

Worst game on the Lynx

xubidoo

just wondered what everybody considers to be the absolute worst Atari Lynx game eva made :)

i havent played all the lynx games made so its hard for me to say ,but out of the 30+ games i have pld i think my vote goes to Hard Drivin.

this could also help me decide which games to leave a while b4 buying heh

Haven't played Hard Drivin but I heard it was a stinker. Another one I haven't played yet but seem to have a very bad reputation is Krazy Ace Mini Golf.

I think of all the games I played Pit Fighter is the worst.

I actually like both Hard Drivin' and A.P.B. on the Lynx. Both take some getting used to, and are missing a few features of their arcade counterparts (what home port of Hard Drivin' isn't missing something?), but I find them both a lot of fun.

Pit Fighter isn't the greatest title in the world, but I don't think that is the Lynx's fault. It's just not all that hot of a game to begin with.

The Lynx game I've been most disappointed by is Paperboy. It's not horrible, but it's not great, and it pales badly when compared to ports of other Atari Games titles like RoadBlasters and S.T.U.N. Runner. In particular, I found it hard to believe that the choppy scrolling was the best the Lynx could do, especially after seeing "BMX" in California Games.

I haven't found any Lynx game to be completely unplayable, but would say that "Tournament Cyberball", "Pit Fighter", and "Ninja Gaiden III" all pretty much scrape the bottom of the gaming barrel.

888460[/snapback]

What was the issue with Ninja Gaiden III? I don't have it but was consdering getting it until I read your post.

If you would've asked me, then I would say get it!

I like this game, and the music is different then most Lynxgames, which creates a nice atmosphere

If I remember correctly then it was davidcalgary29 who did truly NOT like the music in this game (correct me if I'm wrong david)

We all have a different taste and opinions

A real bad Lynxgame would be Tournament Cyberball, but that's my opinion :)

i love tournament cyberball, its a good game, as long as you don't use any running plays, it takes skill because you can't just run and gun, you have to wait for the receivers to run the pattern and get open, worst game, hell no.

Threads like these are hard to judge because even the worst game will still have some people that actually like it.

If you would've asked me, then I would say get it!

I like this game, and the music is different then most Lynxgames, which creates a nice atmosphere

If I remember correctly then it was davidcalgary29 who did truly NOT like the music in this game (correct me if I'm wrong david)

We all have a different taste and opinions

A real bad Lynxgame would be Tournament Cyberball, but that's my opinion  :)

889251[/snapback]

Everything about NG3 just seems wrong, from the tinny music to the blurry graphics. I suppose I should clarify and state that it is (for me) the most disappointing game for the Lynx, if not the actual worst. :)

Viking Child is a great little game and should'nt be mentioned in a thread like this if you ask me. :thumbsup:

Kung Food isn't as bad as Dirty Larry. 

I think my worst Lynx game vote goes to...Tournament Cyberball. :thumbsdown:

Among newer games I must say Pokermania was a bit disappointing.  :|

888687[/snapback]

I think that "Pokermania" would be fine if the difficulty ramping was tweaked and/or a couple of actual card-playing simulations were thrown into the package.

I still don't understand all the hate for Pit Fighter. The game is actually quite entertaining, even with the controls being crap and the audio virtually nonexistent. Basketbrawl IMO takes the crown of Worst Lynx Game. Tournament Cyberball has got to be a close second, followed by Dirty Larry.

Dirty Larry remains one of the few games I have ever returned to the store. I bought it shortly after it was released and was greatly disappointed. I ended up returning it and got Batman Returns instead. :)

• Like 1

I did a post like this a while back when I ranked the top five worst games. Krazy Ace Minature Golf is practically unplayable. It has only nine holes but it really is only seven with the first two repeated at the end. Football is really horrendous and makes Cyberball seems great in comparison. Fussball is really bad. It is like the Lynx version of the Atari 2600 Home Run. It can't be called soccer. Kung Food and Dirty Larry are just Godawful, uncontrollable and totally not fun to play. I can't say Viking Child is the worst but I am just really unimpressed by it. It is a really lame platformer which is less interesting than Scrapyard Dog, another Lynx platformer that is not that interesting.