IGNORED

Synthcart Beat Programming Contest

Albert

/features/contests/Synthcart/index.htmlAtariAge and Paul Slocum, creator of the upcoming Synthcart for the Atari 2600, are sponsoring a Synthcart Beat Programming Contest that will allow you to contribute your own Beats to the Synthcart. Paul has created a Beat Box Programming Kit that will allow anyone to create beats that can then be played on a real 2600. Three winners will be chosen by Paul among those who submit beats that are included with the Synthcart. These winners will each receive a free Synthcart! More information on how to enter the contest can be found here. Good luck!

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Albert ]

quote:

Originally posted by Fretwobbler:

Im in the process of getting to grips with this thing and was wondering if my binary counting was correct. Please could one of the brainier fellows here confirm if this is right or wrong -

Yes, that is correct. Btw, if you put the Windows calculator in Scientific mode, it'll allow you to convert between Binary, Decimal and Hex.

..Al

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Albert ]

Wanted to let you know there was a minor bug in the beat player program. It should play your programmed beats fine, but may produce some odd noises when you turn your programmed beats off with the Diff switches. I've fixed it and the update should be available here on Atariage soon. If you want to go ahead and grab the new version, here it is on my server:

Updated Beat Kit (beatkit.zip)

-Paul

Four more entries have been added to the Synthcart Beat Programming Contest page. The new entries are:

Adam Lewis, Submission #3 - "Shoot Me & I'll Shoot You Back"

Adam Lewis, Submission #4 - "Two-Time Bass Remix"

Crackers, Submission #1 - "The Techno-Rasta"

Jeff Gregory, Submission #1

And there are already more Beats in the queue.

..Al

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Albert ]

If it says "beat player" on the screen several times, it is running properly.

To start the beats playing, you set the difficulty switches to A. On Z26, I think the F5 - F8 keys adjust the difficulty switches. Z26 is a great emulator and I use it often, but at least on my computer, it doesn't have very good sound. I know a couple of people who have submitted beats so far have been using the PCAEWin emulator.

Also, Crackers pointed out that if you have a Supercharger, you can load it on a real Atari using the WPlayBin program.

-Paul

quote:

Originally posted by liveinabin:

OH! So it was YOU who bought an iPod. Apple were claiming a sale and I wondered who it was

Not to get too off-topic here, but didn't Steve Jobs claim they've already sold over 125,000 of them at his MacWorld speech a few weeks ago?

..Al

I've just added seven more beats to the Beat Programming Contest Page. I also want to announce that we are going to extend the contest for a week, for reasons that will become obvious later in the day.

Randy Ball - Submission #3

Hally - Submission #1

Hally - Submission #2

Matt Gauslin - Submission #1

Matt Gauslin - Submission #2

Moycon - Submission #1

Moycon - Submission #2

..Al

Several new Beat entries have just been put online, and there are already more in the queue.

Randy Ball - Submission #4

Scott Kinnebrew - Submission #1 "March of the Aluminium Soldiers"

Scott Kinnebrew - Submission #2 "up and down, in and out"

Scott Kinnebrew - Submission #3 "stompy house with the break on beat 2"

Aratax - Submission #1

Aratax - Submission #2

Aratax - Submission #3

..Al

Just added eight more beats to the contest page. I suggest everyone check these out, they sound great!

Crackers - Submission #3 - "Stomp Womper"

Randy Ball - Submission #5

Aratax - Submission #3 - "Through the Asteroids"

Aratax - Submission #4 - "Clouds"

Smitty - Submission #1 - "Space Defenders"

Smitty - Submission #2 - "Yo-Yo"

Smitty - Submission #3 - "Chase The Cat"

Smitty - Submission #4 - "Coming For You"

Enjoy! Remember, if you want to enter the contest you only have until Sunday at Midnight (CST) to do so!

..Al

The Synthcart Beat Programming contest is now over, and I've just posted the last several entries to the contest page. These entries are definitely worth listening to!

Felemel - Submission #1

Felemel - Submission #2

Felemel - Submission #3

Felemel - Submission #4

Hernan Callo - Submission #1

Hernan Callo - Submission #2

Have fun!

..Al