IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 26: Quick Step

Ze_ro

Well, I've managed to rebuild my system for the most part. I bought a new hard drive and started fresh with that. I also used the time to put in a new DVD burner... my older one had a few clips and a screw come lose in the drive and scratch up a couple of discs before I pitched it. I haven't even tried to access the old drive yet, so no word on how much data can be saved. I'm hoping most of it's still readable, and I'm also hoping the drive isn't completely hosed so that I can format it and keep using it... I'd hate to have to throw out a 160GB drive...

Anyways, enough about my boring computer problems. I have a usable system now, so I can continue to make regular updates. I'll be posting Keir's game very soon.

--Zero

No, this week isn't over quite yet... it's just that I have to get to work for 8:00 am tomorrow, so I won't be around for the 1:30 am ending point, so I usually set up the next game in advance. You still have about 3 hours worth of playing left.

--Zero

Wow, you cracked 5K! Awesome!!  :-o

893968[/snapback]

Thanks, but you weren't so far away too... ;)

I just was lucky this time...

I hope next week's game will be familiar to me because as my wife said, I spend to much time on the computer.... and she's right :ponder:

Edited by khryssun

Yep, that's the end of this week's game. I hope everyone had fun. I think this game worked out really well... it's nice to see a game where getting a high score isn't necessarily just a matter of beating the computer as fast as possible, even if that gets a little frustrating at times. Anyways, I hope you'll all join us for the next game: Rabbit Transit!

Still working on the hard drive... I'm running fsck on it right now, and there's messages whipping by my screen, and a lot of "error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }" and "Buffer I/O error" messages showing up in my system log files, so things aren't looking too good. I'm amazed how much damage could be caused by a power surge... I figured things would be mostly localized. I wonder what kind of hoops I'll have to jump through to get my warranty honoured.

--Zero

And here's the final standings for Season 2. Congratulations to StanJr, the 5th ghost, and keilbaca on their excellent scores over the last 26 weeks, and especially to the 5th ghost for managing to catch up after sitting out for almost half the season! I hope you all had lots of fun over the last few months, and that you'll keep joining in for all the fun!

1. StanJr [223]
  2. the 5th ghost [192]
  3. keilbaca [184]
  4. Osbo [112]
  5. SpiceWare [112]
  6. Malc74 [92]
  7. sku_u [71]
  8. vdub_bobby [73]
  9. khryssun [72]
  10. gospeedde [57]
  11. Fellow Atari Man [53]
  12. video game addict [49]
  13. KaeruYojimbo [47]
  14. LarcenTyler [47]
  15. xeex [50]
  16. Keir [45]
  17. Christophero Sly [42]
  18. Mad Scientist [39]
  19. Numan [39]
  20. Robert M [39]
  21. Cybergoth [34]
  22. Lord Thag [33]
  23. Goochman [32]
  24. racer raul [29]
  25. Blackjack [28]
  26. chrisbid [28]
  27. Philflound [27]
  28. panda_racer [28]
  29. davepesc [25]
  30. pitfallaimee [24]
  31. Dones [24]
  32. Lord Helmet [21]
  33. Dan Iacovelli [20]
  34. mikeftrevino [18]
  35. scogey [18]
  • chubsta [17]
  • cyberneticimplant [15]
  • yuppicide [15]
  • candiru [14]
  • cvga [13]
  • Omegamatrix [9]
  • Thomas Jentzsch [9]
  • adams_ale [6]
  • vgcollector666 [7]
  • Xebec's Demise [6]
  • Gamemaster_ca_2003 [6]
  • Luigi301 [5]
  • Albert [5]
  • Bubbledragon [4]
  • BydoEmpire [3]
  • kemsted [3]
  • Stingray [3]
  • 128bytes [2]
  • Voch [2]
  • bjk7382 [2]
  • iguana [2]
  • Damon Plus [2]
  • shadow460 [8]
  • Kepone [2]
  • neotokeo2001 [1]
  • Chris++ [1]
  • bmlbytes [1]
  • moycon [1]
  • chadtower [1]
  • awsomo3000 [1]
  • madbutscher [1]
  • Scooterb23 [1]
  • internetotaku [1]
  • Atarifever [1]
  • Gateway [1]

--Zero

Congrats StanJr!

I had a blast tyring to catch up to you guys!

Thanks to Season 2, I have plenty of new records to send in to TG. I've been slacking big time sending in scores.

Among other things, I will finally be submitting my best Superman time of 50 seconds! However, Todd has improved his time down to 46 seconds! :-o :-o

And D.Yancey has surpassed my Chuckwagon score :x (way to go! ;) :thumbsup: ) I don't think I will be able to reclaim that record though.