IGNORED

Boxed games

Osmeroid

I collect only from my favourite games boxes. First I try to get all games without anything. Some with manual, and the best complete. Or what I get cheap.

My last boxed game that I get was Asterix. I have long search for the manual and then for the box. Now I have it finally complete it.

Yep Thats all I bought at first when I started collecting again was boxed carts. Since then I've won a couple loose cart lots off of ebay...But still I total prefer boxed games...Especially some of the 3rd party boxes. I really like 20th Century Fox for some reason.

I have a 'play cart', typically loose and my 'collectors cart' thing going. I do like to have at least two copies of any cart (I gave 24 carts to my brother and his daughter for free!). At the mo', I've got 197 carts (24 are 2nd copies) and 95 complete boxed types (got 4 doubles as complete, boxed titles). I don't seem to be able to help myself, I loved boxed stuff!!!!

Right now I'm concentrating on those games that weren't released as PAL titles, Dolphin, Crackpots and Cosmic Commuter (Activision) and Canyon Bomber, Home Run and Football (Atari).

Perhaps I should visit AA (Atari Anonymous)?

I acquire to play—so, no boxed game in my possession stays boxed for long—but I do prefer to have the box, manual, and other materials, as they go a long way in re-creating those days of yore. However, a box is not a sine qua non, and I'm getting to the point that most of the VCS games I still want are going to be harder to get “complete”.

Yes, I love to collect boxed copies of 2600 games. As of now, I have over 400 sealed & complete boxed games in my collection. I also have loose games that I have yet to see for sale complete, but a boxed copy of any game is what I want first.

Same here, boxes/manuals are good, but it's the game that matters. I have a few boxed/sealed games:

Pac-Man (Boxed)

Combat (Boxed)

Air-Sea Battle (Boxed, no inst.)

Space Attack (Boxed, no inst.)

Astroblast (Boxed, no inst.)

Dark Chambers (Sealed)

E.T. (Sealed)

Desert Falcon (Sealed)

Ghostbusters II (Boxed)

I think that's all of them.

Ataripitbull, Stan, your both right. The game does come first. Right now I'm bidding on a NTSC loose cart of Dolphin (apparently never released as a PAL title). But I do love the game! I will still try to get my grubby little paws on a complete copy of this (and a few others like it).

I admit it, I'm addicted to MIB's! Damn!!

I prefer to get loose carts. I hate having to store boxes... As of now the only boxes I still have are my Genesis and SMS boxes, and I'm not sure why I still have those. Manuals, I don't even remember where that stack of 50 manuals I got in a pack with some carts a while ago is.

since i reached more than 1000 carts ... i can hardly imagine:

- where to store 1000 boxes in my flat!

- where to store another 1000 boxes (at least i would have to get)!

- how to pay all these rare carts when they're boxed!

so my new "philosophy" is to collect only one boy of each company, plus any variation of the box design .... in some cases it's a little extended.

for atari i have:

- 4 space invader: 3 blue variations, 1 red label (need silver one if existing)

- 4 atariboxes including atariforce comix

- 1 7800 game

- the 4 sesame street games and the controller

it's a good way to reduce the room problem ....

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

Dude, boxes and instructions are icing on the cake. If I can get 'em I will, but its not a must. The game comes first.

Stan in the Box

I'm going to have to go with Stan In The Box on this one. I'm not really concerned with boxes unless they happen to be from harder to find games. But I will go out of my way to get manuals for the games. These are a must in my opinion.