IGNORED

my first thrift find!!!

iguana

I was beguinning to think it was all a conspiracy! I have been to like 15 thrift stores and they all looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked if they had any Atari carts. Well today at lunch I cfound one! i got 4 games for $4.00 Space War, Strawberry Shorcake, Cookie Monster and Kangaroo. I had Kangaroo, but I bought it just the same b/c I was too excited to find any games. I doubt they are that good to play (I do not see myself sitting down for a wicked game of Strawberry shortcake!) but at least I finally found some outside of a flea market!

congrats on your first thrift finds

pretty cool finds, i just got strawberry shortcake myself last week for $3

I got these items today:

Genesis- NHL Hockey (sealed)

NES- Mad Max (just cart)

NES- Total Recall (just cart)

SMS- Choplifter (complete)

7800- Karateka (sealed)

7800- Hat Trick (sealed)

You know i was thinking i wasnt doing so well on finding game in the wild. But i guess i have. Since i started collecting atari games back 2 months ago .Ive found at my local flea market 40 games that i have gotten for a buck each all commen.I did get skeet shoot which is a 5 rare so that was good find i guess. And at a video game store in raleigh NC i found 12 games i wanted and didnt have they had alot more but the store was to high 3 for 10 bucks all commens.Funny thing is tho i couldnt find a copy of frogger. Any place ive gone and had to beg for one on here. Coudnt see my self paying 6 bucks for frogger from Best even tho i love ordering from them.

You are not the only one, Ataripitbull. It seems that some parts of the country are Atari rich and some have little or no Atari items at all.

I have not seen anything Atari related in any thrift shops here in South Florida.

I agree that some parts of the country have all the luck. I think fads take place in certain areas better than others and let me tell you Arkansas is one of the slowest places on earth to catch on to cool things. Good thing for me I live in a college town where people come to pawn off their junk for cheap living but I still have a hard time finding stuff here. I even wen all the way to Kansas City and looked in a bunch of game stores and nothing. Although I did find an original Atari joystick there for a buck. I bought it since up to that point I was using a Sega Genesis controller. I needed the original feel. Since then I have found a slew of original controllers, more than I know what to do with. Thank goodness for the Genesis though or I would have been screwed out of playing for a long time.

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

I still for the life of me can not find any game worth buying at any thrift stores by my area.

I know what you mean. I don't have anywhere I can pick up stuff. We have a couple of thrift stores in town but I've only once seen Coleco carts at one of them. And of course I was broke when I saw them! When I went back with money they were already gone.

Ataripitbull:

i found a few games at that comic shop there last week

Sea Hunt

Sea Hawk

Strawberry Shortcake

Turmoil

Desert Falcon

Towering Inferno

but these games are probably considered common to you tho right?

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

. What I want to find is a copy of Friday the 13th or Quadrun at some dam store so I don't have to spend hundred's of bucks for.

Well have you prayed every night to find these items in the wild? because you might need a miracle to find those kind of things at a store

quote:

Originally posted by Malix:

Hey Lemmi,

You finally found that NHL Hockey you have been searching for??

Yeah i found NHL 98 complete for $5

and i picked up the Original NHL hockey for $6 just for the manual (did you know the original hockey came in to different sized cases? well it did )

and i made a trade just for the NHL 96 manual

now i have the whole collection complete (finally)

I recently found 25 plus boxed 2600 games in the wild. Three were Sears gatefolds from 1977. Incredible condition, and one was still sealed in the plastic. I went through a feast last year (several big number hauls for under 30 bucks) and then months of nothing. The boxed ones were two days before Christmas. It was the best gift I could have found (for myself, that is ).

I usually buy the commons in the wild, because I need donors to make other games with. I like to use commons of course, because who wants to destroy a rare label or uncommon cart?

I just refuse to pay three bucks for Combat. Something in me just says its wrong.

Besides, Combat boards only support 2K games!

Cassidy

My thrifting luck seems to be all or nothing. I can go weeks without seeing a thing and then all of a sudden things will everywhere. Lately my luck has been great. Last week I got:

2 shrink-wrapped sega genesis games-$2.00 ea.

5 boxed nes games-$2.00 ea.

7800 system in box-$5.00

Today I went to goodwill and got a nes in mint box still in styrofoam for $10.00. It looks like it was never used. The great thing about goodwill and salvation army is that the stuff is always dirt cheap. Alot of times at flea markets the sellers want too much money for what they have because it is so "rare".

You mean firday the 13th for the NES? If so i hope that wasnt rare or the NES. I had it and traded it and alot more nes games in about a year ago. At my local video game store.To get some PSone games. Now all i care about is classic gameing and wish i had ttem back.But oh well i have my atari stuff

quote:

Originally posted by KBeXpress:

You mean firday the 13th for the NES? If so i hope that wasnt rare or the NES. I had it and traded it and alot more nes games in about a year ago. At my local video game store.To get some PSone games. Now all i care about is classic gameing and wish i had ttem back.But oh well i have my atari stuff

no i dont think he means the NES version of Friday the 13th as it is quite common the the NES,

im guessing theres one for the 2600 but im just guessing here

I picked up 6 more 2600 games today for $8 (now im broke untill next wednesday )

BurgerTime

Tron Deadly Discs

Oink (2nd copy and a better label)

Real Sports Volleyball

Real Sports Soccer

Zaxxon (2nd copy and a better label, looks brand new)

The total actually came to $18, but i only had $8 so he gave me a huge break (thank god ive known the guy for 8 years )

Hey Moycon, remember that X-mas package you sent me?

well i was going though the doubles that you sent me (nope i hadnt checked them to see if they worked yet) I cleaned up the Berzerk (no problem there) but when i got to the Missle command cart there was a huge rattle inside of it so i opened it up to find about 12 dead flying bugs (species unknown, but they might be a GA bug) inside of it and the chip on the PCB was majorly rusted, but it worked just fine after i cleaned all the bug guts and poop out of it

ya might want to shake all your carts

Lemmi you had a chance to fire up that Big Nose NES cart I sent you yet? I know you got it and were happy about the condition. But I also told you that while it worked in my NES I had funky scramble lines during the game play which made it basically unplayable. Just curious if it came up okay for you?