IGNORED

High Score on Kaboom! Try Me Fool!

Doc4

Holy shmoly Kaboomsters! I was cleaning my paddle controllers out last night, you know greasing them up so there would be less jitter. IWhen I decided to test it out on Kaboom! I suck at this game but I knew I would be able to see the jitter in serious action on the screen. Usually that's the problem I have with this game, it shakes so much I can't play it. So I decided to test it out. Lo and behold I rack up 4578 points! That's pretty fast for a bomb dropping criminal sliding back and forth on a ledge! I couldn't believe it. I have never scored such a high rank in this game. I'm completely in love with Kaboom! now. It rocks hard core. BOOYEAH!

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: Monster greifen an ]

yeah I haven't been able to repeat it either. It sucks. I guess since I wasn't really into the game and didn't care what happened I got a super high score, I wasn't even paying attention just testing the controller. I tried for like three hours after to get that score again, hell no!

So far I've gotten 1452 on the emulator with the mouse. I haven't used a paddle in so long so would that be easier than the mouse? I'm definitely getting this game, it's very addictive.

EDIT: Booyeah 1736. Then I tried again, got to 1000 without losing one life and I never got the one up owed to me. That was cheezo.

[ 03-06-2002: Message edited by: Mark Riley ]

Heck yeah, no mouse will ever compare to the handheld wonder commonly refered to as the Atari joystick. I actually had a harder time playing it withthe mouse. I would definitely look into getting some paddle controllers, not the diving ones, but the tennis ones.

so I guess I reign supreme with the highest score on these boards in Kaboom! any challengers?

quote:

Originally posted by Monster greifen an:

Holy shmoly Kaboomsters! I was cleaning my paddle controllers out last night, you know greasing them up so there would be less jitter.

Mind if I ask what kind of "grease" you were using? I have a couple of sets of paddles I'd like to see working better.

Use the spray contact cleaner from Radio Shack. Its the one with the spray brush, and it works great. I use it on arcade parts, too.

My best score (with good paddles) is 5400. I was happy with that, until I saw the scores in Vegas, and they were saying "oh yeah, at 10,000 the bomber gets an Oh face!" How do you find that out?

Cassidy

I just picked up some cheap car spray WD-40 type stuff from the local Walmart. I paid like 89 cents for a huge can of it. I just opened the controller sprayed quite a bit of by accident into the center round part let it dry up a bit closed it up and took off the top round paddle part and sprayed some on it too, just to be sure (then I wrote the longest sentence in history) and closed it up and wiggled it back and forth. Rverything worked perfectly. I was amazed I thought I read that someone did this in the latest issue of 2600 connection last page. check it out.

My personal Kaboom high is 13,305 and my roommates is 27,770. The highest score you can achieve is 999,999. I always wanted to play kaboom with the atari mind link. The controller that attaches to your head. I just think it would be funny to see someone shaking their head right and left with wires strapped to their head.

My best was 13,299 or 13,289. I don't remember which, though I caught a screenshot. I just wanted to see the bomber face.

How to do it:

Drop the last bomb at 994 points, so you don't get 1000 in order to go back a level, grab 2 bombs, have 3 buckets again. This'll work just before every 1000 mark, but you really need someone to tell you when to give up.

After awhile, just keep practicing, and ignore the previously stated trick. Basically, said trick is only good for learning level 7 really well. To learn level 8 really well, you have to keep plugging along on it, without srewing up. The only secret: practice, and you'll go far. Plus, show it off to your non-Atari friends, a quick transition from level 1-8 and they'll start freaking out. It's good motivation to keep playing it.

One of my favorite games of all time.

-John K. Harvey

OK suckers, I did it. 19,841 points. I have yet to get that high but one time and thought about taking a picture. I was literally shaking after that. I used the drop a bomb method. Worked great. Next high score please. Woo! I'm worn out.

It's weird -- when I was a teenager, I was lucky if I could get over 3000 on Kaboom! Now I score over 10,000 almost every time I play this game. And I don't even play it that much!

Whoever heard of someone's reflexes and hand-eye coordination getting BETTER with age?