IGNORED

High Score on Kaboom! Try Me Fool!

Doc4

I totally understand, I find a new favorite almost daily. But kaboom! has hung in there for some time now. Did you really roll the scoreboard? 19K was pretty freakin hard to get and your telling me you ot 99K and flipped it? come on. We will need to see a photo of that. Next time I'm taking a photo as proof too.

If anything the emulation was harder. So I don't onsider it cheating. Its all in fun anyway. You should post it, at least nearing 99,000 I really would like to see that. I would also like to know what the secret hidden score word is in dolphin. Anyone get up around 50K points? I really want to know. Keep those Kaboom sticks rockin.

quote:

Originally posted by MoJoFLTR:

was on an emulator, but i didn't cheat (unless playing with a sidewinder joypad is cheating). What got me started was seeing Thomas' hack that made the number of ships appear in images instead of just numbers.

I took a snap, and it is here somewhere. I'll post it if you guys don't think that emulation is cheating. I know a lot of people who wouldn't credit it just because it was an emulation.

Don't forget, that my hack also made Asteroids a bit harder. So you can't compare the scores 1:1.

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian:

Whoever heard of someone's reflexes and hand-eye coordination getting BETTER with age?

Actually, I know what you mean Adrian. I can play some games now to the point that I will fall asleep before the game ends (Berzerk and the like) and I can regularly score about 8,000 on Frogger, something I could never do as a kid.

Weird or what?!

I didn't even know that there was an Atari emulator that supported state saves. For real proof I would love to make .avi files of me playing. PCAEWin can do this but the mouse control in it sucks. And third party recording programs that I've tried either crash or record a blank screen. Can anyone help me here?

I have no trouble with the mouse moving up and down. Only thing is that there is a bit of latency between when you move the mouse and when the buckets move. Also I have an old Logitech Mouseman+. They're real heavy so it makes it hard to do small flick movements.

Definitely harder to do emulated.

On the topic of reflexes getting better with age. My best score when I was young must have been around 8000 at about 7 years old. But I got my best score (123K) when I was 20 years old. OK, so maybe I'm not *that* old, but still

Well...

My record is: more than 37000 I don't remember exactly

may I can reach that hiscore because my system is a pal one

(slower than ntsc version?)

Notice: I've been using the drop 99x method for years (since my childhood)

I think this is not a trick but a method intentionally created by the programmer.

By the way did You guys tested this PC version of Ka-boom (K-boom)

It's an exact clone with improved graphics and sound, very nice and more

difficult, only 46050 -normal mode- (notice each bomb has a 50 points value) http://www.geocities.com/hcc.soft

(Look at the download section -Dos-)

cheers

Random'64 (Ka-boom remake)

???????????????? save states ??????????????  

Oh come on... Yes! SAVE STATES!

PCAE supports save states in which you can save your game any time, and resume from that exact point if you should mess up any time after that. You can pretty much beat any game if you are persistant and patient enough using save states. If this still confuses you, think of playing DOOM on the pc (you can save your progress any time).

It's how I finished HERO with a perfect score (look for posts from me a couple of months ago) and how I got to grab all my nifty screen shots off of X-Man.... and I SUCK at both games

had failed repeatedly and decided to just play the ROM that Rob Kudla had already hacked  

By the way.. not that it really matters, but the awesome Mr. Kudla didn't do that 'vector' graphic hack. Rather, it was some other Atariage board lowlife. Who could it be??? *cough*