IGNORED

Hello! :>

TxdoHawk

Been lurking around these 2600 boards for awhile, so I thought I'd take the time to register and de-lurk with a quick intro post. Recieved my 2600 jr. at the age of 8, 11 years ago...finally conked out a few months ago, leaving me Atari-less. Emulators help, a bit, but seeing all those games, and the Command Control joystick, and the paddle controllers, all neglected... Heck, I still have a working AC adaptor and RF switch, but alas, the unit itself is toast. Garage sales have had nothing in the way of video games lately, and prices are getting more and more ridiculous on Ebay, as you all have pointed out. I'm thinking of trying Funcoland to see if they've got any spare systems lying around, but I've been told that they can get into price-gouging too. Anybody have any other suggestions for this (relatively poor college student and) 2600 fan? :>

Hiya Tx.. Is that a Linux refrence?

As far as Scamco-- Err.. Funco land. One time a friend of mine went to buy a rapid-fire controller for the Genesis there, but he wanted a used one to save a little money. When we got there, the used controller was more expensive than the new one! When questioned about this, the clerk said 'It's because there's more of a demand for the used one'

How bass-ackwards is that?