IGNORED

.......PEPSI INVADERS.......

Skywalker

I am bidding on this game on Ebay.....

How do I know if it is legit?

The auction shows a screen shot, it looks real but there is no label.

Right now I am the high bidder @ $51.00.... is this too much? Just want to know what some of you think about that?

Yep I saw that. And like Al and Marco said, its a fake. I was once a proud owner of a Pepsi Invaders cart, and it comes in a generic Atari case with nothing else on it. There's also a generic looking white box with a small round sticker on it that says "Atari Goes Better With Coke" on it. This one is in an Acitivision case so it's definetly a fake.

Incidently, Pepsi Invaders was actually produced on a regular chip not an EPROM. So if you ever get a chance to look inside a Pepsi Invaders your not sure about its an easy way to tell. Copies would be on EPROMs, a real one would be a regualr chip.

Tempest

I hate it when people pull shi like this!!!!!!!, maybe the seller didn't know he was selling a fake but then again maybe he did. I think on all Atari sales on ebay they should have a small banner on each sales page that says you should check your item with Atariage to make sure you are getting what you paid for.

quote:

Originally posted by bangles66:

Thanks for telling us this was a fake as this is one cart i'd LOVE to own. but i want an original.

special thanks since you told us before i bid on it.

Skywalker, you should retract you bid.

I already did!!! Thanks again all..