IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 6: Sir Lancelot

Ze_ro

Important note: This weeks competition is over. If you still wish to discuss Sir Lancelot, then feel free to do so, but no further scores will be accepted. Thanks to everyone for all their contributions! Please join in on the latest High Score Club competition!

You are SIR LANCELOT. Astride your winged horse PEGASUS, you set out on a quest to save a poor maiden held prisoner in a castle by a fire-breathing dragon. As you start your journey, winged creatures wil try to kill you, but with your charmed lance and carefull flying by PEGASUS, you can

overcome their challenge. You collect points for each creature destroyed and when all are gone you reach the castle and face the dragon. The wily dragon will not fight you directly, for he has seen how you devastated the creatures outside, and beathes its fire at you from behind a magic screen. The fire will not kill you, but will temporarily stun PEGASUS so he cannot flap his wings. Kill the dragon with your lance and you will save the maiden. Once the dragon is killed, you will face new creatures guarding another castle, and these defenders will have heard of your exploits and be more difficult and so will the dragon.

Game Information

• Game Name: Sir Lancelot
  • Released By: Xonox, 1983
  • Left Difficulty: B / Novice
  • Right Difficulty: Not Applicable?
  • Game Mode: Game 1
  • Chosen By: sku_u

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores will be approximately Tuesday, August 29th at 1:30 AM (CST). In case you haven't already done so, please read the High Score Club rules. There is other useful information contained in that previous link, including a list of previous High Score Club games!

As before, next week's game will be chosen by the next person in the member list, which happens to be Chris++! Please send me a private message with your choice of game for next week!

If you are not a member of the High Score Club, but would like to be, then all you have to do is post a score for this week's game, and I'll add you to the list!

Current High Scores

1. 1,000,000 (SpiceWare) [+11]
  2. 425,090 (neotokeo2001) [+10]
  3. 412,610 (panda_racer) [+9]
  4. 310,280 (durden26) [+8]
  5. 310,090 (keilbaca) [+7]
  6. 219,480 (mitsubachi) [+6]
  7. 215,370 (Goochman) [+5]
  8. 201,070 (Mad Scientist) [+4]
  9. 197,800 (Numan) [+3]
  10. 112,110 (LarcenTyler) [+2]
  11. 111,320 (scogey) [+1]
  12. 111,260 (gospeedde) [+1]
  13. 110,410 (sku_u) [+1]
  14. 110,380 (khryssun) [+1]
  15. 108,320 (Omegamatrix) [+1]
  16. 108,220 (ario) [+1]
  17. 107,980 (xeex) [+1]
  18. 105,120 (Malc74) [+1]
  19. 104,230 (FireTiger) [+1]
  20. 102,870 (video game addict) [+1]
  21. 102,600 (davepesc) [+1]
  22. 95,830 (supercat) [+1]
  23. 95,280 (Keir) [+1]
  24. 14,300 (128bytes) [+1]

Best Tips

• SpiceWare [+2]

Bounties and Challenges

• None yet

TwinGalaxies Top 3

1. 5,331,760 (Tom Duncan)
  2. 218,010 (Mike K Morrow)
  3. 215,306 (Jeffrey D. Lowe, Jr.)

Current Standings

1. SpiceWare [47]
  2. keilbaca [45]
  3. khryssun [32]
  4. sku_u [30]
  5. shadow460 [25]
  6. LarcenTyler [21]
  7. vgcollector666 [15]
  8. Keir [14]
  9. panda_racer [13]
  10. xeex [12]
  11. Mad Scientist [11]
  12. Robert M [11]
  13. Omegamatrix [10]
  14. the 5th ghost [10]
  15. Goochman [9]
  16. durden26 [8]
  17. vdub_bobby [8]
  18. brendano [7]
  19. Christophero Sly [7]
  20. supercat [6]
  21. Numan [6]
  22. scogey [5]
  23. 128bytes [5]
  24. Fellow Atari Man [5]
  25. Malc74 [3]
  26. davepesc [2]
  27. gospeedde [2]
  28. FireTiger [2]
  29. Atarifever [2]
  30. Dan Iacovelli [2]
  31. Gamemaster_ca_2003 [1]
  32. Gateway [1]
  33. StanJr [1]
  34. Luigi301 [1]

Member List

Chris++, cvga, LarcenTyler, 128bytes, Goochman, mikeftrevino, StanJr, Osbo, Numan, vdub_bobby, Dones, Gamemaster_ca_2003, awsomo3000, Voch, Stingray, scogey, Bubbledragon, video game addict, pitfallaimee, Blackjack, racer raul, SpiceWare, Robert M, Lord Helmet, Lord Thag, Mad Scientist, Dan Iacovelli, iguana, Luigi301, Gateway, Damon Plus, gospeedde, Kepone, internetotaku, panda_racer, KaeruYojimbo, cyberneticimplant, bjk7382, davepesc, neotokeo2001, xeex, bmlbytes, Omegamatrix, the 5th ghost, Xebec's Demise, khryssun, vgcollector666, chadtower, moycon, Malc74, shadow460, Atarifever, Keir, supercat, FireTiger, Philflound, Fellow Atari Man, keilbaca, brendano, Cybergoth, sku_u, mitsubachi

Scoring Points in Sir Lancelot

Coming Soon!

Hints and Tips

As always, you really should read the manual.

What's that? You don't have the manual? Well, AtariAge happens to have a typed version of it online for your reading pleasure. There aren't really any tips in it anyways, but there's still some useful information in there worth reading.

TIP: be slightly above the head of the flying cammel target, collison dection is in your favor.

TIP: have a good clean signal to see the invisable baddies

TIP: on the flying birds screen the birds can change what line they are on, unlike the first level flying blimps ...so can all baddies after this level

TIP:

Pink dragon is the most accurate take off quickly flying to the oppiste side of the screen to stab him.

Orange Dragon fires quickly not accuratly.

Green Dragon is just the first dragon.

Do not exploit: Do not sit in the dragon room forever racking up points!

When I get to the dragon, I very obnoxiously fly back and forth across the screen, hitting each wall. This way, if you do get hit by the fire, your momentum takes you to the side of the screen instead of straight down. It may take a while to kill him sometimes, but since you seem to acrue points the more time you spend in this screen, it's not much of a bother. You just have to push the button really fast.
1) - for the dragon - continuously fly left/right against the top of the screen. This way you can avoid getting stunned multiple times in a row(which leads to a molten death).

2) I noticed that if you can make it to the top of the screen then you can always be higher than THE KILLER DRAGONFLIES and THE INVISIBLE INVINCIBLES. It's very difficult to do and will take a lot of practice. If you fly up to fast you'll bounce off the top and most likely die. Fly to slow and the enemies will outmaneuver you and kill you. Once you make it to the top, you'll need to keep an eye on which direction the enemies are coming from because you're dead if you're facing the wrong way.

To get a high score you have to learn the top hover trick. SpiceWare also mentioned it.

You can always go a little higher then the enemies so learn how to stay at the top of the screen and you will always win (If you are facing the right direction).

For the Dragon Cave you can beat the first 4-5 Dragons by just pushing the button all the time, Don't move or change directions. You will continually get stunned but there is a pattern where the Dragon will go to the other side of the cave and you will have enough time to hit him. Starting around the 5th Dragon they move too fast for this to be effective.

Good luck everyone!

--Ze_ro

so why am I not listed as a member?

Member List

Chris++, cvga, LarcenTyler, 128bytes, Goochman, mikeftrevino, StanJr, Osbo, Numan, vdub_bobby, Dones, Gamemaster_ca_2003, awsomo3000, Voch, Stingray, scogey, Bubbledragon, video game addict, pitfallaimee, Blackjack, racer raul, SpiceWare, Robert M, Lord Helmet, Lord Thag, Mad Scientist, Dan Iacovelli, iguana, Luigi301, Gateway, Damon Plus, gospeedde, Kepone, internetotaku, panda_racer, KaeruYojimbo, cyberneticimplant, bjk7382, davepesc, neotokeo2001, xeex, bmlbytes, Omegamatrix, the 5th ghost, Xebec's Demise, khryssun, vgcollector666, chadtower, moycon, Malc74, shadow460, Atarifever, Keir, supercat, Philflound, Fellow Atari Man, keilbaca, brendano, Cybergoth, sku_u

:sad:

14,500 -> I need lots of practice. (diff B? oh...let me fix that!)

43,430 ... much better

104230 ...improving nicely.

TIP: be slightly above the head of the flying cammel target, collison dection is in your favor.

TIP: have a good clean signal to see the invisable baddies

TIP: on the flying birds screen the birds can change what line they are on, unlike the first level flying blimps ...so can all baddies after this level

TIP:

Pink dragon is the most accurate take off quickly flying to the oppiste side of the screen to stab him.

Orange Dragon fires quickly not accuratly.

Green Dragon is just the first dragon.

Do not exploit: Do not sit in the dragon room forever racking up points!

Edited by FireTiger

I can get to the final dragon every time. I only was able to kill him once.

On the first three stages, you can do a quick fly up and kill. Beyond that stage, it gets really hard. I'm able to clear the first three stages without much difficulty. Once I get to the invisable stages, it gets really hard.

107000. When I get to the dragon, I very obnoxiously fly back and forth across the screen, hitting each wall. This way, if you do get hit by the fire, your momentum takes you to the side of the screen instead of straight down. It may take a while to kill him sometimes, but since you seem to acrue points the more time you spend in this screen, it's not much of a bother. You just have to push the button really fast.

Edited by durden26