IGNORED

My ST now. Show your ST/TT/Falcon setup

Gunstar

I thought there was a thread for showing of the set-ups here recently, but the only one I found was a year or two old. So, my set-up has changed recently, and in fact, my 1040STf will be replaced soon with a Mega STe. But here is my set-up as it stands now, with a VGA monitor uptop for High-res monochrome and my SC1224 below for Med. and low-res color. Below that is a Kinyo 4.1 multimedia surround system hooked up in 2.1 stereo with my ST's Tweety Board stereo upgrade. I have a Supradrive 30MB HD and a second external SF314 floppy instead of my old HD and floppy installed in a PS/1 case (story not over yet). I also have a BJL Jaguar next to the ST which can work with the ST or PC and also has a flashcart which the cable you see is plugged into, this runs off the PC or ST too. To the far right is my Casio CT-640 midi keyboard hooked up to the ST as well. By the way, that Atari joystick is one of the two that came with my Flashback2 system.

post-149-1125027708_thumb.jpg

post-149-1125027750_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

Some cool set-ups so far, and much more neat looking than mine; I seem to have all the chords possible all wrapped around my system. I did just get my Mega STE today, with 2MB installed and another 2 1MB simms that I can install for a full 4 megs, but I'm going to wait until I decide I want the memory more for certain things or if I want the game compatibility more and just leave it at 2MB. But I'll start another thread about that. I only mention it here, becuase I just started this thread and it arrived sooner than I had thought, otherwise I'd have waited until it was set up to start the thread. I'll just have to edit with another pic later.

post-2523-1125606970_thumb.jpgHere is my setup. Notice the drive master with 5 1/4 disk drive :) I am adding a table for my 8-Bit Atari and Commodore setups.

923289[/snapback]

Dang it, I want a whole room dedicated to my Atari stuff! (instead of scattered all over the house, just wherever I can find space). :-)

post-2523-1125606970_thumb.jpgHere is my setup. Notice the drive master with 5 1/4 disk drive :) I am adding a table for my 8-Bit Atari and Commodore setups.

923289[/snapback]

Dang it, I want a whole room dedicated to my Atari stuff! (instead of scattered all over the house, just wherever I can find space). :-)

923527[/snapback]

I hear you there brother!!!

923289[/snapback]

923527[/snapback]

I hear you there brother!!!

923606[/snapback]

Hey guy's, I am finally able to do this after we moved into a house with a full basement. Believe it or not this stuff is located in a downstairs kitchen we decided we were not going to use.

Wow Gunstar.... looking at your setup made my heart flutter! Nice stuff man!

What kind of keyboard is that to the right?

923461[/snapback]

An old-school Casio CT-640 midi keyboard. An excellent model when it was new, but it's like 15-20 years old now...to match the ST :) It works great with all the great midi sequencing software out ther for the ST.

923289[/snapback]

923527[/snapback]

I'm looking for a house with an extra room right now, just for that purpose! :D

I'm a bachelor though, so my living room doubles as my computer room and "family room" (entertainment center&library). But it's crowded, so I'm looking to move out of my 1 bedroom house into a 2 bedroom house.

• 3 weeks later...
Some cool set-ups so far, and much more neat looking than mine; I seem to have all the chords possible all wrapped around my system. I did just get my Mega STE today, with 2MB installed and another 2 1MB simms that I can install for a full 4 megs, but I'm going to wait until I decide I want the memory more for certain things or if I want the game compatibility more and just leave it at 2MB. But I'll start another thread about that. I only mention it here, becuase I just started this thread and it arrived sooner than I had thought, otherwise I'd have waited until it was set up to start the thread. I'll just have to edit with another pic later.

919515[/snapback]

This is my Atari MegaST4 system. It is my second favorite computer of all time (the Amiga 2000 is my favorite computer). This Atari MegaST4 has TOS 1.4 installed and sits on top of an Atari Megafile30 hard disk. The Supra hard drive plugs into the Megafile30. I use both a color and a monochrome monitor with this computer. A Kensington trackball is plugged into the MegaST's serial port and is used about 75% of the time. The Atari mouse is only used for about 25% of the time. Using the trackball saves wear and tear on the Atari Mouse, so it will last longer. All of my Atari ST software is new and about half of it is still shrink-wrapped. The following are sitting on the filing cabinet: an Atari 520ST mint in a near-mint box, an Atari 1040ST near-mint in an excellent box, an Atari MegaST2 mint in an excellent box, and another Atari 1040STe in near-mint condition. Two of my prized vintage GI Joes are proudly displayed in the software cabinet on the right. The flowers in the green vase adds a bit of class to an already classy computer. :D

post-7746-1127160269_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheAtariKing

919515[/snapback]

This is my Atari MegaST4 system. It is my second favorite computer of all time (the Amiga 2000 is my favorite computer). This Atari MegaST4 has TOS 1.4 installed and sits on top of an Atari Megafile30 hard disk. The Supra hard drive plugs into the Megafile30. I use both a color and a monochrome monitor with this computer. A Kensington trackball is plugged into the MegaST's serial port and is used about 75% of the time. The Atari mouse is only used for about 25% of the time. Using the trackball saves wear and tear on the Atari Mouse, so it will last longer. All of my Atari ST software is new and about half of it is still shrink-wrapped. The following are sitting on the filing cabinet: an Atari 520ST mint in a near-mint box, an Atari 1040ST near-mint in an excellent box, an Atari MegaST2 mint in an excellent box, and another Atari 1040STe in near-mint condition. Two of my prized vintage GI Joes are proudly displayed in the software cabinet on the right. The flowers in the green vase adds a bit of class to an already classy computer. :D

934244[/snapback]

Nice setup!! The picture is very pro looking. Makes me wish i NEVER got rid of any of my ST stuff over the 5+ years I had it.

Check out my setup! As you can see I have a Mega ST4 professional computer with a Megafile 20, SC1224 monitor and a Link 2 with a Syquest EZ135. To the left of this great piece of computing history is his little brother, the Atari 130XE computer! Hooked up to that is a XF551 drive and XDM121 printer! Nice huh Doomy? ;)

post-3709-1127270739_thumb.jpg

post-3709-1127270809_thumb.jpg

Edited by tjlazer

Check out my setup!  As you can see I have a Mega ST4 professional computer with a Megafile 20, SC1224 monitor and a Link 2 with a Syquest EZ135.  To the left of this great piece of computing history is his little brother, the Atari 130XE computer!  Hooked up to that is a XF551 drive and XDM121 printer!  Nice huh Doomy?  ;)

935445[/snapback]

Yes, you do have a sweet setup there. :D

BTW, I updated my Atari ST web site with Frontpage XP and it screwed up most of my files by making the first letter upper case. now my web site will not load. So, I am going to uninstall Frontpage XP and go back to using Frontpage 98. Windows XP SUCKS !!!! :x

I will fix my site and have it back up this week sometime. I think you are going to like the improvements. I plan on supporting and repairing the Amiga and Atari ST computers for the next 30+ years. :D

Check out my setup!  As you can see I have a Mega ST4 professional computer with a Megafile 20, SC1224 monitor and a Link 2 with a Syquest EZ135.  To the left of this great piece of computing history is his little brother, the Atari 130XE computer!  Hooked up to that is a XF551 drive and XDM121 printer!  Nice huh Doomy?  ;)

935445[/snapback]

I am looking for that version of the MegaST. I can not ever find it on eBay in that nice of a condition. I think that may be a rare version, TJ. Yes, that ET Head monitor sure looks better on a MegaST then the MegaST monitor (Samsung). I like the blue mouse pad. It looks good with an ST. :)

I am looking for that version of the MegaST.  I can not ever find it on eBay in that nice of a condition.  I think that may be a rare version, TJ.  Yes, that ET Head monitor sure looks better on a MegaST then the MegaST monitor (Samsung).  I like the blue mouse pad.  It looks good with an ST.    :)

935618[/snapback]

I'm just curious. Whats different about the Mega ST in the picture? It looks like most I've ever seen, including the one I own.

Older versions did have the wide eject button on the floppy drive.

Thanks.

Yes the rare Mega ST's have the newer drives, and the comon ones have the large eject button.

Here is a pic of my Mega ST2 with common eject button. This Mega has a internal ICD Micro SCSI controller with 810MB Quantum drive!

Atari%20Mega2%20ST.JPG

Edited by tjlazer

Yes the rare Mega ST's have the newer drives, and the comon ones have the large eject button. 

Here is a pic of my Mega ST2 with common eject button.  This Mega has a internal ICD Micro SCSI controller with 810MB Quantum drive!

Ah, I had not realized that the newer ones with the small eject button were more rare.

I always wanted one of those Micro controllers. I like the thought of everything being internal. By the time I ever got around to getting one though, they weren't made anymore and I needed something like the Link 2 to access the bigger/newer drives. Oh well. :-)

Pretty neat that you've got a working one with a hard drive though! Any chance we could get you to take a pic with the cover off? Thanks!

Here is a pic of my Mega ST2 with common eject button.  This Mega has a internal ICD Micro SCSI controller with 810MB Quantum drive!

Ah, I had not realized that the newer ones with the small eject button were more rare.

I always wanted one of those Micro controllers. I like the thought of everything being internal. By the time I ever got around to getting one though, they weren't made anymore and I needed something like the Link 2 to access the bigger/newer drives. Oh well. :-)

Pretty neat that you've got a working one with a hard drive though! Any chance we could get you to take a pic with the cover off? Thanks!

935833[/snapback]

Yea TJ, with the cover off. :D

935833[/snapback]

Yea TJ, with the cover off. :D

935936[/snapback]

I guess mine is rare? Who knew. I am just glad it works after 19 years :)

919515[/snapback]

934244[/snapback]

That's an impressive set-up. So neatly arranged too! A man after my own heart. My stuff is "neat" but it's so crwoded it looks like a mess anyway. I need more room! My setup has now changed, basically. Just look at my pic above, then imagine a Mega STE under that subwoofer&monitor. I also moved the mnonchrome monitor off the top of the other and it's now sitting on a stand I made and put behind the midi keyboard. Other than that, it still loks the same.

• 3 weeks later...
The Supra hard drive plugs into the Megafile30.

934244[/snapback]

I gotta know... is this the Supra Hard drive you stole from Billhutch??? The one that you claimed did not work and rather than send it back to it's rightful owner, you claim you threw in the trash??? The same one you never paid him a single penny for??? The very same one that got you banned the first time from Atari-Forum???