IGNORED

anyone have the tiny toons proto for jaguar ?

dojosky

Oh, neat! Have you done any scanning/picture-taking? I'd like to see it.

920082[/snapback]

I have done some scanning of the artwork. It's posted in the exclusives section over at Jaguar Sector II.

920139[/snapback]

Okay, now that I've googled "jaguar sector ii" once, gotten a message forum I didn't feel like registering for, and gave up, and then today happened to see your website posted somewhere else, clicked, and didn't find anything called an "exclusives" section," would it be too much to ask for a URL?

I think basically you have to register, do a short intro posting saying basically Hi Im new here - blah blah blah etc, then you need to do 9 more postings and all the sections of the Forum become available.

It may seem a bit of a chore but it is for a good reason, my take on it is, its basically its to weed out lurkers and deadwood and ensure a lively list.

Cheers,

GB13

I think basically you have to register, do a short intro posting saying basically Hi Im new here - blah blah blah etc, then you need to do 9 more postings and all the sections of the Forum become available.

It may seem a bit of a chore but it is for a good reason, my take on it is, its basically its to weed out lurkers and deadwood and ensure a lively list.

Cheers,

GB13

927390[/snapback]

I'd rather just see the pictures.

Oh, neat! Have you done any scanning/picture-taking? I'd like to see it.

920082[/snapback]

I have done some scanning of the artwork. It's posted in the exclusives section over at Jaguar Sector II.

920139[/snapback]

Okay, now that I've googled "jaguar sector ii" once, gotten a message forum I didn't feel like registering for, and gave up, and then today happened to see your website posted somewhere else, clicked, and didn't find anything called an "exclusives" section," would it be too much to ask for a URL?

927222[/snapback]

The "Exclusives" is one of the forums on Jaguar Sector II. You have to be a registered member in order to view them. The process of becoming a member is relatively simple and was done to weed out the trolls and lurkers and it has worked. Gusbucket has described it above, if you don't like it then you don't have to sign up. :D

Edited by jaysmith2000

Let me make sure I have this straight. You would rather I join your forums, which I have no interest in doing, and clog your message board with useless posts about the Jaguar, a system I know nothing about and have no interest in playing, than just show me some photos you took?

928862[/snapback]

No, I'd rather you just not bother if you're not a Jaguar fan.

Let me make sure I have this straight. You would rather I join your forums, which I have no interest in doing, and clog your message board with useless posts about the Jaguar, a system I know nothing about and have no interest in playing, than just show me some photos you took?

928862[/snapback]

928895[/snapback]

So if someone doesn't join your message board and post several times, then they're not worthy of seeing pictures of your rare Jaguar items and prototypes? That just seems plain silly to me.

Tempest

928862[/snapback]

928895[/snapback]

So if someone doesn't join your message board and post several times, then they're not worthy of seeing pictures of your rare Jaguar items and prototypes? That just seems plain silly to me.

Tempest

928903[/snapback]

It is, I was just joking around (RedEye got kinda snooty).... ;) :D Here's a couple of the sketches. All my protos are available for view on my site at www.jaysmith2000.com..... Just a few items of game proposals and stuff that I have on JSII I haven't had a chance to get up on the site yet.... Too much to do, so little time...

post-2147-1126393017_thumb.jpg

post-2147-1126393039_thumb.jpg

Edited by jaysmith2000

928862[/snapback]

928895[/snapback]

Tempest

928903[/snapback]

It is, I was just joking around (RedEye got kinda snooty).... ;) :D Here's a couple of the sketches. All my protos are available for view on my site at www.jaysmith2000.com..... Just a few items of game proposals and stuff that I have on JSII I haven't had a chance to get up on the site yet.... Too much to do, so little time...

928953[/snapback]

Well ya got me. :)

Back on topic, I have seen the TT proto for the Jag and it's not all that impressive. Like everyone said, it's a one level demo where you control Plucky in Hollywood and you really can't do anything (I think there's some plunger icons but you can't pick them up). It looks really nice... for a 16-Bit game! You'd swear it was a SNES game, nothing about it says 64-Bit. Probably why they canned it.

Tempest

Yeah, I have some documentation on it that talks about 4 different revisions of it and major problems getting it accepted at Atari. It did look pretty and the graphics are crisp, a shame though. One of the memos talks about the graphics being too much for the Jaggy to handle....no doubt... Kinda threw me off on that one.... I'll try to dig it up...

Yeah, I have some documentation on it that talks about 4 different revisions of it and major problems getting it accepted at Atari.  It did look pretty and the graphics are crisp, a shame though.  One of the memos talks about the graphics being too much for the Jaggy to handle....no doubt...  Kinda threw me off on that one....  I'll try to dig it up...

928978[/snapback]

First off, Jay Smith is one of the nicest gamers i've ever met. He's a JAGUAR fan much like myself. He has a lovely personality and a beautiful home in the suburbs. Next issue....Tiny Toons for the Atari Jaguar. Even if it didn't possess 64 bit capabilities and played like a 16-bit game I would still shell out the money for the game because A)I l ike Tiny Toons and B)another Jaguar game would be nice. Well, that's my two cents.

Kisses,

Doug

Currently sleeping with his Atari Jaguar Console. :ponder: