IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 7: Frankenstein's Monster

Ze_ro

1100 is the best i can do. I managed to cram together some combinations of swear words I didn't even know existed while playing.

And as the true marker of addictiveness, I had cups of coffee go cold waiting for me to admit defeat.

I still can't decide if this is the worst game I've played or the best. It's so damn frustrating! Well done to to people approaching perfect scores. I applaud your patience and skill.

Wow, first a Xonox game that's actually good, now a Data Age game that's actually good! The thing I find really frustrating about it is that I'll often get scores over 2,000, but then lose half my points. I still love the game though. My highest score so far is 1,660.

Finally forced myself to play the game more than once in a sitting, and after a number of abysmal scores, finally got what I consider to be a decent score for me. On the bright side, if I ever see this for sale on ebay, I know not to buy it now. It's just too damn frustrating, if I owned it I'd probably do to it what CPUWIZ did to another innocent cartridge in this thread ... ;)

post-7308-1125899474_thumb.jpg

Don't worry about the falling spiders on the 3 board on. They only fall far enough to hit you if you jump into them.

A tip which I'm surprised I haven't seen posted yet (sorry I just started playing this game; 950 so far) is to wait for spiders to start descending before jumping (making sure, of course, that they're not in your way). That will ensure that the spiders don't descend in your way mid-jump.

Note that you'll see the "left most" spider for a fraction of a second before the others. If there's no way that any of the three "other" spiders (16, 32, or 64 pixels away) could be in your path, feel free to make the jump. But if the leftmost spider is to the left of where you want to go, it's better to wait until after it starts to descend so you can see who it 'brings along'.

Alright, I haven't gotten any word from cvga... Instead of choosing the game myself for a second week in a row, I'll leave it open to you guys. Toss out some ideas for next week's game and I'll use one of them to set up the thread tomorrow.

--Zero

Hmmm...

AstroBlast with the one diff switch in A to start at 50,000.

Ghost Manor with both switches in A.

Escape From The MindMaster with your choice of diff switches (each one that's in a is awarded a bonus if you complete the game), bounty for beating my current high of 621.

Fireball diff b, one player knock a block Bounty for setting it to Cascade and reaching the third board.

Indy 500 (game 8, choice of difficulty), bounty set at 50 crashes.

Commie Mutants, diff B, in game diff 1, no TW, GF, PF, or SH

Phaser Patrol right diff in A, bounty for Hero, Level A.

Fast Food

Fast Eddie, game 9, diff b

M*A*S*H game 1, left diff A, right diff B, see who can beat Frank Burns with the biggest lead.

Basically, I'm happy with anything I've got, or somthing common that I can go get at the nearby store.

If you use this list, though, I'd love to have Escape From the Mindmaster played this week. Since I suggested it, I will not compete for the bounty, but I will list a score for the competition.