IGNORED

DP Down?

FND

Someone tell us whats going on!!!

I'm down here in Fort Worth, TX. It's been down since the hurricane hit. BTW, we are starting to get refugees from New Orleans as of today. I hope they clean up soon. If any moderator reads this, please inform us. Maybe some of us can help..

Anyway, our server got hacked and everything has to be re-uploaded. the base site http://www.digitpress.com/index.htm is back online, pieces will appear over the course of the next few days.

For those of you who do visit, sorry for the inconvenience!

922321[/snapback]

923714[/snapback]

The site and forums are back online.

I can't find the post where one of the members here commented on the forum's "too busy" look, but if that's really an issue all you have to do is change the skin template from your user profile. The skin "myApple" eliminates all signatures and has a very clean look; "MSSimplicity" has no signatures OR avatars - and is the one that office-browsing folks use the most.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience. Even after 14 years, we're learning!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The group is "Classic Video Games". PunkOffGirl just posted to the group stating that DP was DDOS'ed offline again, the webhost does not want to host the site any longer, and that DP may be offline for a couple of weeks until all of this gets resolved.

The short story is that like Microsoft patches, as soon as new PHP updates happen, people go to reverse engineer them to see what was fixed. And a new update came out a couple of days ago. Needless to say the DP site has been attacked again by lamer script kiddies.

A full security update and server move are possibly going to happen. The long and short of it is that the site might be down for up to two weeks as a result. We'll just have to see sadly.

The group is "Classic Video Games". PunkOffGirl just posted to the group stating that DP was DDOS'ed offline again, the webhost does not want to host the site any longer, and that DP may be offline for a couple of weeks until all of this gets resolved.

959419[/snapback]

Flack,

Can you please post a link for it? I tried searching for it but couldn't find the group. Thanks!

959419[/snapback]

Flack,

Can you please post a link for it? I tried searching for it but couldn't find the group. Thanks!

959501[/snapback]

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/classi...mes/message/450

Maybe only switching to a different software would really help here. IMO it seems like PHP has become "the IE of forum software" and those stupid script kiddies are everywhere.

959444[/snapback]

Just for the record, the forum software DP is running is not called PHP, but phpBB (which you can find here). PHP is the scripting language used by phpBB, as well as quite a bit of other software, including the forum software we are running here. You can learn more about PHP itself here.

..Al