IGNORED

DP Down?

FND

I love DP, and I can't wait for it to come back online... but with all of the hacks and mods it just opens the door for ANYONE to break into. It's not very solid in that regard. Personally, I wouldn't mind a less intesive board - forget all of the bells and whistles, content is where it's at.

The guys at Neverside have actually built a board from the ground up and it's the fastest and most secure thing I have ever seen - it's crazy. I think they were offering licenses for it, I'm not 100% sure though.

http://www.neverside.com

• 1 month later...
Same problem, it's down.

I did get a response to one of my threads.

DP is a great site, they have been compromised a lot lately.

976535[/snapback]

It seems too consistant for random hacking attempts. My best guess is that they're caught the attention of some skript kiddy and he's going to keep hacking DP until they fix whatever flaw he's violating.

Tempest

• 1 month later...

.....and again. :(

I wonder what the deal is now?

I do like to look at the buying and selling forum at DP and every once in a while, I buy something. I've also posted something for sale here and there. It's kind of scary though to commit to either buy or even sell something when the forum is going down randomly like this.

Everytime I click on AtariAge, it's good to go. Question....what does AtariAge have that DigitPress does not? And if AtariAge has something good going on, DP should certainly figure it out and take advantage.

By the way, the above comments are coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing about forums and their inter-workings (I only visit two sites, AA and DP)

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I can't bring them up either ( I was trying to get some DC stuff, and use the rarity list).

If I remember correctly from old posts on DP, it's they forum software that they use is very suseptable to hacking, and for some reason they have been a big target for hackers. Maybe some of the members made enemies on other baords, I've seen a lot of inter-board tension between some groups. You could try contact through the Yahoo group.

Edited by Wester

Because it's back up, it wasn't before.

I won't be using the buy/sale forum there anymore. Can't do any transactions when the place goes down so much. Need to have access to the private messaging function especially when you're in the middle of something, and for it to disappear so much for days at a time makes it a pain that i'd rather deal without in the future.

Gee, really? Nothing is ever supposed to go down but it happens. I don't think the solution is discussing it in a completely different, unrelated forum.

1013382[/snapback]

The truth is there is members that go to booth sites. At one I was considering being a member over there. Starting around the summer of 2005 there has problems going to that sites or it happens when your on the site. The problem I have is with what the hackers could do. The Hackers could hack user name accounts over there. Atariage doesn't have these issues.

I have no problems with you or the people at dp. I know hacking can happen anytime and dp is trying to fix it. I have been a lurker dp for a long, long time.

I wouldn't say it's unrelated. A lot of us here frequent both forums.

1013386[/snapback]

Yeah, I meant unaffiliated rather than unrelated. The forums are related in a number of ways.

@8th Lutz...we have something in common, I have been a lurker here for a long time. :) I was just trying to say (in my impatient way) that DP problems are better discussed there than here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...