IGNORED

Kaboom PC Remake

NE146

Not to start an arguement but I have to disagree. The PC version of Kaboom takes away the spirit of the original. The bombs in the PC version never seem to get fast enough making it too easy. Kaboom is about the combination of a good set of paddles and ridiculously awesome hand-eye-coordination skills. If you play the original 2600 version and start to get around anywhere beyond 3000 points you start to go into a zen like state where all your attention is all on the game. The bombs drop so fast that you have to use 100% concentration to keep going. Making it the ultimate escape from reality. Which is what great video games are all about. Excellent games are games that require skill. Some good examples are Kaboom, Super Mario Kart, Super Monkey Ball and alot of others that escape me right now.. Anyway, my point is that Kaboom needs to be played on an Atari 2600. With a good set of non-jittery paddles. For more information on this visit my Kaboom website KABOOMONLINE at www.geocities.com/elvis8atari

Sincerely,

Mike Matei

Have YOU played atari today?

Naturally it wouldn't be a substitute for the original, but who expected it to be? . If you wanted that, well all we'd have to do is play the 2600 version of Kaboom right? (something I'm sure the people on this board have all done a couple thousand times in our lifetimes)

That'd be like saying "check out Jeff Minter's pc remake of Robotron, "Llamatron" And then someone else coming in and citing how it doesn't capture the true nuances of the original Robotron's gameplay. The point is it's an interesting remake... One that you can play while at work on your PC and posting messages on Atariage I might add

i.e. Good fun for fans of the original, but of course, not a substitute.

So, if you like the speed of the original Ka-boom check this out

K-boom remake for PC (download section) http://www.geocities.com/hcc.soft/

This is much like the original, with new graphics, sounds and music

The speed is awesome, actually I think it's harder than the 2600 version.

Also, in the DOCs section, there is a tutorial which explains how to

play that and any mouse-operated game with a real paddle!

PS: my best score playing this clone in standar type game is

46050 (in an insomnia night of course