IGNORED

Save the Whale (first picture)

MattyXB

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

I have found today the first picture of the game
Save the Whale
. This game can only play with the GameMaster Modul in the past.

and a happy 1st April.

In keeping with the spirit of the day, I thought I'd add my own twist on this game.

Here's the story, recently Sean Kelly, Joe Santulli, and myself pulled a command raid on an old storage facility and heisted the original mainframe computer that was used as a server for the Gameline modem service. We spent months hacking into the system and decrypting files until we found the Holy Grail, "Save the Whales".

And I can assure you that it looks nothing like MattyXB's picture, thank heaven!

So here for the first time is a picture of Save the Whales for the 2600. (It's the best I could come up with).

John

whales.jpg

Sorry, but...

quote:

Will there a ROM for this game, or is this too only an April fool? I love dolphins and whales, so I will the ROM for this game. Please!

... is that really the FIRST thing you can ask?!

Damnit!

Marco

quote:

Originally posted by CX2K:

Here's the story, recently Sean Kelly, Joe Santulli, and myself pulled a command raid on an old storage facility and heisted the original mainframe computer that was used as a server for the Gameline modem service. We spent months hacking into the system and decrypting files until we found the Holy Grail, "Save the Whales".

Incredibly cool story and find, John! Yet another "lost" game that has been found. This really makes 2600 collecting so much fun. Congratulations!

Cheers,

Marco

@ Marco,

sorry if I have say or do someting stupid. Maybe my english is to bad, to understand all.

But what have I do wrong?

Do you not like the question?

I will see the game so much on emulator, that I ask this. Please don't hate me about that.

quote:

Originally posted by CX2K:

recently Sean Kelly, Joe Santulli, and myself pulled a command raid on an old storage facility and heisted the original mainframe computer that was used as a server for the Gameline modem service. We spent months hacking into the system and decrypting files until we found the Holy Grail, "Save the Whales".

Thanks John. Finally some proof that Save The Whales was offered on Gameline!

quote:

sorry if I have say or do someting stupid. Maybe my english is to bad, to understand all.

But what have I do wrong? Do you not like the question?

It's just the fact that I hate it when all that people care about is how they can as quickly as possible get their hands on the ROM of a newly discovered game.

Perhaps I got carried away, I certainly don't want to start another discussion on ROM dumping/distrubuting/collecting.

And don't worry, I won't hate you because of your question. It did piss me off when I read it; perhaps I should have counted till ten before replying.

Cheers,

Marco

Sorry sorry sorry. I will never ask this question again. And I am happy that you don't hate me.

I am very happy, that this game has dicovered. And I am very happy to see the first true pictures from that game. It looks great.

The whales look so sweet.

Yeah Matty, what were you thinking? The first question you should have asked John is of course what the gameplay on his version of "Save the Whales" would be like. Then we would at least have had a chance to play the ROM image on our emulators by programming it first.

But I must say that this year's picture looks much more real than last year's attempt with "Lady Bug". Even though John forgot the HMOVE blanks for repositioning the sprites again.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Yeah I'll give you that. Nothing like learning how to conserve electricity. Maybe you were supposed to turn the 2600 off and never touch a Panda game again. That would conserve electricity in a way that even James Watt would be proud of.

Tempest

You should have seen us trying to shove this 450 pound computer into the back of John's Yugo! It was a sight to see...

Marco says it's the real deal huh? The coloring looks kinda PAL though don't you think? Save the Whales would have certainly been an NTSC game wouldn't it?